Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm new here and have a recently purchased 76 Eldo convertible. I'm new to Cadillac and have one issue that has me stumped. I have a broken horn contact plate. The small tower which the contact spring itself locks into has cracked and broken, causing a constant current and horn sounding. I've ordered a new one from two different sources, but neither is a match. The photo I'm attaching shows the old piece on the left (darker in color), and the new version next to it. Am I missing something here? The old part had no part number on it, so I am stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated! Joel
jurassic tile tele.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
=======================
got these pieces?
View attachment 583258

Thanks very much, Basscatt. The black piece as shown in the sample you sent is fine on my car. It's the round, white piece in the steering column (with a big spring on backside) that has broken. The notch in the black piece cannot stay in because the plastic "tower/sleeve" it fits into on the white piece is broken. I hope I'm making sense!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts