Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
None
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a 1976 Eldorado Convertible, and while trolling CL, I ran across a two owner green one. The second owner claims the original owner bought it this way from the dealer. I did a search in the Forum and could not find anything like it. Is this a rare/desirable feature? I like the original look better, but, that does not mean that this is not some holy grail. My assumption is that it is just something a dealer put on.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
Yup, If from the dealer it as owner claimed it was after factory dealer installed.

Actually quite common and easily put back to stock if original paint is not damaged underneath it. (Usually the case...)
The removed item will sell for a decent amount on Ebay, but not enough to pay for converting it back to factory.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Ah, the "classic" dealer-installed pimpmobile grille. My aunt had a similar piece on her 79 FWB and 87 Fleetwood d'Elegance. I think it looks like nothing so much as a chrome muzzle.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
I found one at a wrecking yard. It fit perfectly in front of my fireplace! Nothing better than flames licking behind a car's grille!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts