Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My friend has a 1976 Cadillac Seville (45000 miles) and the drivers power seat was working fine until the other night. I moved the seat forward and up and then drove it home. When I got home I moved the seat back and down and then we tried to move it back some more and nothing happened. The seat motor runs but no action.

Problem and suggestion on how to fix it????

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
94 ETC 78 Eldo 69 Eldo
170 Posts
the older model cars, power seats were not made to sit on and move the seat.
in order to make the motor and transmission last, should always move seat and then get in.

if the motor runs and no action, sound like the transmission gears went. did you hear any grinding or teeth ratcheting.

the assembly would have to come out and be inspected

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to have him check it. Do you know if this is going to be an expensive problem if it is the gears?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The motors move the track by use of short cables, much like short speedometer cables. They either screw on to the track and motor or a plastic retainer is squeazed to install or remove it. Hopefully the cable is disconnected or broken which is not a major repair. Holding the cable with one hand and using the switch with the other, you should be able to determine which cable is at fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts