Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im struggling to take off the hubcaps of my 76 fleetwood.
It doesnt seem to have a lock on the middle since the crest doesnt move at all.
Any ideas are appreciated

My hubcap looks similar to the following:

Attachments

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
76 could have had 2 wheel locks on each hub cap on the very outer rim edge if it had that option. Look for them in the black area of the cap. You turned them a quarter turn to release them. They're about the diameter of a dime with a recessed clover leaf pattern. I presume you've searched the car? Under the spare, map pockets behind front seats, inside the air cleaner? I've seen them in the windshield washer bottle! Just buy the car?

·
Registered
1976 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although i didn't see those locking bolts on the hubcap, but will give it one more shot and look for them. Otherwise, the hubcap is tightently secured to the wheel itself thats why i assume it does have a wheel lock.
Yes I bought this car couple weeks ago, but since i live in a relatively small neighborhood complex with only one big parking space, its always parked lol.

What do you guys think of this vehicle, this is my first time posting pics

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
From what I can see it looks pretty good. What's with the two different license plates ... front and back?

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
I think it is a 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, Almost 20 feet of grace, style, and comfort. :cloud9:
5213 pounds of pure automotive fun!
Yours looks like a really well kept example!:drool:
I think it is the last of the greatest luxury boats, enjoy!
Welcome to the forum!:welcome5:

·
Registered
Currently: '76 Coupe. '73 Fleetwood (SOLD) 76 Coupe (SOLD)
161 Posts
Great car. I own a 76 Coupe. 36,000 original miles. I love these cars. It's when Cadillac was KING. BY THE WAY, I have the same spoke hubcaps. There are no locks. Just SUPER difficult to get off the rim. Good luck with car!!

·
Registered
1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang
149 Posts
One of those harbor freight hubcap tools could possibly come in handy. I have one but not sure how well it would work as I don't have my caps on. I used to use it once in a while at the ford dealer but for center caps.
Alot of times the choice tool was a screw driver or pry bar with a rag wrapped around it to keep from gouging/scratching. Most people will just rip them off with no care whatsoever for damaging them but I couldn't work like that

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
She's a beauty. When I got my 77 coupe, the wheel lock key was missing. I didn't find out until I had to have the tires replaced. So, the shop removed the wheel covers (with great difficulty), but once off, they cut the locks. Now the covers just pry off like normal covers. They have huge teeth inside that grab the rim very securely, so the locks are really unnecessary. You can try to buy a new key off ebay if yours lost, but be aware there are like four or five different ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts