Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - when my Cadillac arrived from the USA, the RH (passenger) side remote mirror control was in the glove box. I've now removed the lower dash panel, but can't see how/where the control mounts. I know it mounts vertically down, and can see the area in the padded dash area where the control should be, but not where it should mount. Am I possibly missing a bracket? Was remote mirror on the RH side standard or optional?

I'm. sorry, but have no pictures yet. Will add when I can.

John

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
It was an option. There should be a metal bezel with two or three Allen bolts that secure the mirror control in place. The control should be connected to the mirror by three high tension wires that move the mirror glass. If your control is floating free in the glove box, you may have bigger issues.

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - so the mirror has it's cables etc, and all works OK from the joystick. Just I have no where to mount it currently to the dashboard.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
So there's no hole on the underside of the upper dash pad where the control would normally come out? That suggests the mirror was added later in the car's life. You could remove the dash pad and look for where the mirror control should mount. This being GM, it should be clearly marked.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
That was my thought. Someone probably upgraded - not a factory install.

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So have taken the dash pad off, there's space for the joystick to be in the dash pad, but no bracket or anything on the main dashboard frame. I guess I need that bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts