Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is mike and I live in tampa fl.. I have a 1975 coupe deville that I got from my dad back in 97' that I am in the process of restoring.. It has a 500 cid v-8 under the hood that runs as good as the day it was made;)

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
W E L C O M E
To The Cadillac Forums! You own a great car with a great engine, I like the older Caddy's Myself > they are built better!
Enjoy the Forums Mike. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
500-CID said:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome;) Sandman, yes I have a pic.. I'll try and post it..
welcome abort, to bad u don't live in cally we could cruise the bay. u in your 1975 and me in my 1976 big bad caddydaddy coupe deville :D

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Man I'm jealous. I gave up a 75 Sedan Deville for a 78 Fleetwood Brougham (and made a little cash in the process). At least I know it's in good hands with my grandma..

Anyway so welcome and enjoy your Cadillac. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey mike i got a 75 coupe deville too. one of the best cadillacs ever made. when you cruise girls jock the cadillac and the man in the cadillac. the car runs smooth as hell too.

·
Registered
1975 coupe deville
3 Posts
i've had a 1975 coupe for about ten years now.i had intend to restore it with my sons,but they took no intrest.
I pulled it out his summer and got a lot of little things put together. its been stangely exciting trying to put the puzzle back togeather
.Enjoy your project,Its really a beutifull car

D

·
0 Posts
Sweet ride Mike! I live in the Tampa Bay area as well. I had a '74 Fleetwood with a 472. Not exactly the same but similar in overall operation and feel. Good luck with yours! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Scary zombie thread!

Would it be fair to say that the 500CID Cadillac is the most desirable American luxury sedan of the 70s?
Hmmmm, maybe, maybe not. In it's mid to late 70's iteration it was nothing to really brag about. The late 60's-early 70's models put out respectable numbers (hp wise). The smog era stuff......not so much. My '74 was very capable of keeping up with traffic but not a "performance" car, even for the year. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I'd have to go with the Imperials of the seventies, not only were they made from better materials but they handled a lot better than the Cadillacs of the first half of the senties!

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Cadillac from 71 to 73 the interior quality went into the shitter, the dash looked like a Caprice. 74-76 was better, but IMO Lincoln was building better looking cars from 71-76. The smaller 77-79 Caddies were built to a MUCH higher standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts