Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps there are some gurus here that can answer a few ball joint questions. A little background first: The car I am working on is my 1973 Cadillac Commercial Chassis (Hearse). One ball joint is starting to get a little loose and I would like to replace all four of them and have the alignment checked/adjusted as needed afterward.

I found replacement Moog K5200's and K 5202's for the upper right and upper left respectively. The lowers have no right and left and are K5073's.

The original uppers in the car appear to control camber adjustment via a nut that turns an eccentric pin. Do the Moog replacement uppers have this same type setup? If not, how is camber handled with the replacements?

·
Registered
1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out...The camber eccentric that I was worried about is a separate part and are also available IF you need them. Sometimes they pop out of the spindle with the ball joint but they can be removed with a small puller and reused in most cases. They are technically not part of the ball joint which explains why the replacement ball joint looked "different" All you need to do is scribe a mark in the eccentric in relation to it's position in the control arm so as to not disturb the camber adjustment on reassembly.

I figured I would post what I found in case anyone has a similar issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts