Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been working on my eldo and I came across this what a pairs to be some type of vacuum valve. I have uploaded a photo ,I think it has something to do with the cruise control but not sure. I hope someone can enlighten me what it goes to and what it does. If I jump the wire coming off the tranny I hear it clicking.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 FWB
747 Posts
You said in a recent post on your other thread involving discussion of FSMs that you "have 2 manuals". So, do you have benefit of them or not? If you do, then that'll provide ample info. ::confused:: Otherwise, look at the decal on the rad support to see if it's shown as emissions related. Other otherwise, if it's physically connected to the dist. vacuum then it's likely a solenoid involving advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have search through the manuals and haven't been able to locate it. The manual's I have they only have wire diagram's (no vacuum diagrams) . I believe it's a vacuum solenoid of some sort but it's not attached to any thing. I have no diagram on the radiator support showing the vacuum route, that was why I posted it on here hoping someone would know where it hooks up and what it's purpose is.

·
Registered
96 FWB
747 Posts
It sounds like you have a Chiltons or somesuch and not the FSM??? It looked attached to the dist. vac. bellows. I guess check the engine section for either general or specific vacuum operated components and operations. I guess you've traced the hose for its termination. Does it go to the intake, or, to something else?

What does the power wire connect to, to see what energizes it and why and when?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was no hose attached to the solenoid also no hoses capped off ether. I traced the power back to the trany shift solenoid I think. I ended up cutting the line to the distributor and put a tee connection to the solenoid. I will run it like this for a little bit and see how it works, if the car starts acting funny I will just replace the vacuum line to the distributor. I hope that is where it's suppose to go..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts