Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Eldorado Convertible
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the engine/trans for complete overhaul. After 44 years all of the rubber mud flaps (don't know what else to call them) in the engine bay are bridle, cracked
and/or deformed. These rubber flaps are around the radiator, cover the suspension connections and even have some in the rear of the engine bay just forward of the doors.

I'd like to replace them all but don't know what to call them or where to obtain new ones. Can these things be purchased in sets? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Steele Rubber has them pre-cut. As for the clips; I pressed in thread busses in the holes so I could use stainless steel bolts instead.

·
Registered
1970 Deville Convertible
309 Posts
You can also try OPGI.com or Rubber the right way. I suggest you don't remove the old ones until you have the new ones on hand and ready to replace. On my '70, it took a while to get mine installed as I didn't have any to replace (they were gone).

·
Registered
1971 Eldorado Convertible
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done. Got a set from Steele Rubber, who also has several helpful how-to videos. Cadillac Forum did it again; I went from not knowing what to call them to ordering what I needed. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
Glad to be of help! What color is your convertible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts