Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Coupe Deville
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen! I just picked up a 69 Coupe Deville. Body trim is missing on both sides. I am looking for a set for both sides. Any help or leads would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Is Arizona and/or California near for you? There are a couple of junk yards, even specialized in Cadillac.

·
Registered
1967, 1981 Coupe deVille
10 Posts
What you are looking for is called "Body Side Molding", 3 pieces per side. Dbaers Caddyville junkyard has them. They're in Washington state. Try 360-785-4133. The full six piece setwill run you around $550 to close to $900 depending on condition. Don't forget you'll need new trim clips too. Good luck!

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Another option is stick on chrome trim. They make it in many different sizes and shapes. Costs about $30 to do a whole car. Looks great and lasts. Get close to factory size and put in factory location and itll look great. I personally dont mind the 1 outof a 1000 people that will dislike it because it is not original metal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I did buy some of that stick on chrome trim, just to see how it looks...and its not bad. The problem I see with it, is that the doors have the "studs" welded on to them for the real molding. I dont think I want to grind those off. So I was thinking off drilling holes in this stick on trim to fit over the studs. It may look a little goofy though. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Could you put additional foam mounting tape on it so you could just hollow out the back side and not break through the top?:hmm:

At least it would buy you time to find the proper replacement at a good price.:noidea:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great idea, talismandave! I think I will do that. By the way, I called Cadillac King...he has them for 800 bucks! I guess I didnt expect the trim to be that much and hard to find.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
Another option is stick on chrome trim. They make it in many different sizes and shapes. Costs about $30 to do a whole car. Looks great and lasts. Get close to factory size and put in factory location and itll look great. I personally dont mind the 1 outof a 1000 people that will dislike it because it is not original metal.
Blasphemy !

Cadillac King is usually my last resort because of their prices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I will probably pass as I don't want drive to Ohio to get a car but will the body trim molding from a 1970 fit a 69 body? It looks the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts