Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking through the junkyard the other day and came across a 1969 Coupe Deville convertible. I got to thinking, and it seems like it would be worth it to grab some parts off it to resell. I was mainly thinking of trim, but want to know if there is something else I should grab if I can. Also, how do I remove all this stuff? How does all the side trim come off, and all the trim around windows/windshield/behind the top? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1985 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, Sable Black, HT4100
1,000 Posts
Hey detailer, I used to pick through junkyards. I don't know much of anything about that year/model, but I can tell you it probably won't be easy. Getting those pieces off without damage is complicated tedious work. You'd need to find the GM Fisher body manual and read up on removing each part. Oh hey, this 1968 manual is probably close enough. de Ville from that era is a "C-body", I think:

http://restormycar.com/sites/default/files/68%20fisher%20body%20sm.pdf

You bend those delicate pieces when taking them off, their value will evaporate. Probably lots of plastic clips and stuff. Good luck. You could sell them on eBay.
se

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance
31 Posts
I was walking through the junkyard the other day and came across a 1969 Coupe Deville convertible. I got to thinking, and it seems like it would be worth it to grab some parts off it to resell. I was mainly thinking of trim, but want to know if there is something else I should grab if I can. Also, how do I remove all this stuff? How does all the side trim come off, and all the trim around windows/windshield/behind the top? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Detailer, just a thought... go to a nearby autobody shop and ask the body repairman. Especially an older guy who has been around long enough to have worked on these year model cars. Should you learn any information please post it here... I also have been looking for this info. Good luck!

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance
31 Posts
Detailer50,

Did you get any parts off of that 69 Cadi? Do you still have access? If so, does it have the engine support braces (bars connected from the firewall to the fenders)? What about the steering wheel? Is it black? What's the condition?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,224 Posts
The OP made his one and only post over three years ago, so it's doubtful that you'll get a response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts