Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting my triple black 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham up for sale and did a few searches to find the value of it. From what I've read, in average condition, it is worth about $6,300. Going by the scale of 1 (mint) to 6 (parts car), I would estimate mine is a strong #3, possibly #2.5. It currently has 99,000 miles.

Body is straight; paint has some scratches and nicks. The original leather seats are in good condition, no tears. Vinyl roof also in good condition. Dashboard has a couple of cracks. It starts right up and runs well. As far as I know, the engine and transmission are original and not rebuilt. The A/C compressor stopped working about 2 years ago. The brake light is on; I think it's the proportioning value. The bumpers could use re-chroming.

Someone who lives close by did offer $5,000 in cash.

Here are the photos:

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
$5000 seems on the low side. Depends how desperate you are to sell. I would snap that up if I saw it offered for 5K near me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, bigm57ict. Yes, I also think it's worth more than $5,000. I have owned it since 2004 and, if anything, it is worth more now than what I paid for it ($5,700 off eBay).

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Here in the rust belt, that would be a $6500-$7000 car from what I have seen offered.
(Taking a grand off of asking prices.)

Tougher for you in the land of rust free cars.
$5000 would be a steel though even there I would think.
On the other hand, if you are ready, and the buyer seems qualified to own a classic Cadillac, there is a value in not having to put up with a parade of idiots that crawl out of the mire of Craigslist. :noidea:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in the rust belt, that would be a $6500-$7000 car from what I have seen offered.
(Taking a grand off of asking prices.)

Tougher for you in the land of rust free cars.
$5000 would be a steel though even there I would think.
On the other hand, if you are ready, and the buyer seems qualified to own a classic Cadillac, there is a value in not having to put up with a parade of idiots that crawl out of the mire of Craigslist. :noidea:
Yes, I have thought of that... an instant sale would be nice and the person who drove by said he would have whatever work done on it that it needs and I could even "visit" the car, too.

I know where he lives but can't find his phone number. Maybe I will list it on the Cadillac-LaSalle forum and see what happens. It is relatively rare. The build date is the 2nd week of May, 1969; it is #15,062 of 17,300 1969 Fleetwood Broughams built.

·
Registered
94 Fleet Bro, 64 Deville. Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville
587 Posts
Fleet, I would list it for $7,500 and see what kind of offers you get. The market for classic cars at this moment has seriously taken a nose dive. It took me over 8 months to sale my 61 Lincoln Continental, and I took way less for it than I wanted to. But the car had to go.

I just saw pics of the new Bentley Mulsanne, and I would rather own a 60's Fleetwood Brougham over any of the new overpriced uber luxury cars of today, except for probably a RR Phantom of course. Not only is the Bentley ugly as hell, but the interior is rather plain for such an expensive ride.

At least your Cadillac has presence, style, quality, and massive interior space over anything out today. I really don't understand why the super rich hasn't bought up all the old 60's and 70's Caddy Fleetwoods yet just to be transported in, because you can't get that kind of lavish interior room, and couch like "cuddle me soft" comfort anymore in a car without paying a fortune! Not to mention the buttery smooth ride...

Good luck on the sale, but If I were you, I would keep it!:)

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I think that listing it on the CL Forum would be a good move. At least you would get the right kind of buyers.

If you find the first guys number, you could even give him a heads up first and see if he would want to raise his offer to prevent you listing it.

With a car that nice the peace of mind to know it is going to a like minded buyer has value too.
Offering "visiting rights" is a great sign that in 6 months you won't see it with metallic flames and hydraulics.
(No offence to those who are into that.):hide:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I will post it on the CL forum just to see the reponse it gets. One reason I am considering selling it is because it sits on the side of the driveway most of the time (I own 2 other cars). Looking at some old service invoices, I realized that it was driven only 254 miles in about 5 years!

I am very glad I own a '76 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, so I can't complain. I also could use the money! I have owned the '69 FB since Sept., 2004 and have been able to drive and enjoy it during that time.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
As the foremost lover of 1974-1976 Cadillacs, I will say I understand, and think you are letting the right one go.
That said the 69 you have could change my mind if I spent enough time with it!:lol:
Good luck.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I do like the '69 Fleetwood but I like the '76 limousine even more!

·
Registered
2008 DTS 1980 CDV. Past 1990 Bro. 1981 SDV diesel
360 Posts
Wow, Almost a year & a half. Sometimes the right thing to do is wait. Looks to be an awesome car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts