Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton, 1967 Convertible, 1975 Talisman
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Please Pardon my ignorance but does anyone know what the purpose of the heater return line attached to the radiator is for? Also, does the coolant flow from the heater core to the radiator via the return line, or from the radiator to the heater core via the return line? Reason I'm asking is because I'm installing an electric fan (mark viii) and i managed to find a damn near perfect new drop in 3 row radiator (slightly smaller hoses) for $72 shipped to my door. The only problem (if you want to call it one) is there seems to be place at the top and/or either the bottom to hook the return line to, hence the reason for my question. I would ass-ume that if the purpose of the return line is to dump coolant back into the radiator then the top location would be better suited (especially since it's only 2 to 3 inches from the overflow) and if the purpose is to feed coolant to the heater core then the bottom location would be better? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Once I get everything hooked up and tested I would be happy to report back to anyone interested in the $72 radiator.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
1967, 1981 Coupe deVille
10 Posts
Captain......I have a showroom original 1967 CDV with 13,000 miles. Supply hose hooks into the water manifold at the top of the block. Return dumps into the radiator tank on the right side (passenger side)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts