Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my dream 1965 cadillac deville. I've been searching the Web for replacement trim pieces, replacement panels, and other parts to replace damaged pieces on my car. From what I found, it seems like 65-67 are missing in most restoration catalogs. I was wondering if you guys might know of good sites to find the parts I need to get my car back into show form. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Opgi, usapartssupply, rubber the right way, steele rubber, ebay etc also google search

·
Registered
1965 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I guess I should have been a little more specific. The main thing I'm looking for is replacement exterior trim pieces. I have the opg catalog, but it seems to skip 65-66 in a lot of catigories. With that bring said, are most parts on the 65 and 66 interchangeable?

·
Registered
85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado
773 Posts
Front fenders are different. Front bumpers different. Most of the shiny parts of the front end are different. The 65 and 66 have a lot of subtle differences that are not noticed at a quick glance.
Most of the Chrome trim on your car is actually stainless steel. Do not overlook used parts from the wrecking yards. Stainless is easy to straighten and polish out minor imperfections. Of course the front and rear bumpers are indeed Chrome and subject to rust and degradation.
There are specialized wrecking yards that cater to classic Cadillac's. They are usually listed in Hemmings. Ted Holcome is one that comes to mind in Bensalem P.A. I have used him in the past. (If he is still in business!)

·
Registered
1965 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys. Heres a picture of what I'm working with. I bought the car pretty much just like this. I added the airbags. The car is super solid. I plan on changing the color, interior, and slapping some new rims and tires on it. Im also in the process of "dressing up" the trunk a bit.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Gorgeous with the wheels and tires you have, save your money!

·
Registered
2003 Deville base, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest......well....
492 Posts
:cool2: Beautiful car. The wheels on now or Cadillac wires would be the way I would go.

·
Registered
1965 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I don't mind the rims or color that is on the car now. But I can tell the body work was rushed. If you look down the side of the car, it's a little wavey. That bothers me a lot. And if we're being honest here, I could not handle someone asking about something on the car and me saying "I'm not sure, someone else did it." I will keep uploading progress pictures for sure!

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Too bad on the questionable bodywork because that is a gorgeous color combo as is.

·
Registered
1965 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. I'll take a picture of the body when I get a chance. Like I said, I like the colors, but I cant live with the bodywork. I'm thinking of going black cherry body with a cream roof. I think that color combo will look pretty powerful

·
Registered
2003 Deville base, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest......well....
492 Posts
That color combo I must agree is better, I guess I love white, cream, something like that color top.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts