Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am restoring a 1947 Cadillac 62 Series Convertible Coupe and need some pieces to finalize the car.

I was missing the door garnish moldings, both front and back - driver and passenger sides, that sit on the inside of the windows. I've located a driver side front molding (about 42" long with 5 screw holes and a slight bend when it runs into the vent window). Still looking for a passenger side one - same dimensions but obviously the transverse to the driver side.

Need: The driver side rear molding that sits on the inside of the quarter window - about 22.5" in length and has 3 screw holes. Have been lucky to find the right rear molding.

Also need: The two dash inserts for the Heater control valve. They have the words "OFF", "MED" and "HI" written on them. Need both....

If you can help, please let me know.

Howard in Florida (954) 757-0931, (954) 757-0936 and (954) 683-6600.

----------

Hi there,

I am restoring a 1947 Cadillac 62 Series Convertible Coupe and need some pieces to finalize the car.

I was missing the door garnish moldings, both front and back - driver and passenger sides, that sit on the inside of the windows. I've located a driver side front molding (about 42" long with 5 screw holes and a slight bend when it runs into the vent window). Still looking for a passenger side one - same dimensions but obviously the transverse to the driver side.

Need: The driver side rear molding that sits on the inside of the quarter window - about 22.5" in length and has 3 screw holes. Have been lucky to find the right rear molding.

Also need: The two dash inserts for the Heater control valve. They have the words "OFF", "MED" and "HI" written on them. Need both....

If you can help, please let me know.

Howard in Florida (954) 757-0931, (954) 757-0936 and (954) 683-6600.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Hello, Howard, welcome to the Forums! Would sure like to see some photos of your car.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Try All Cads of the 40s and 50s, located in Las Vegas. Caddy Daddy may also have the parts you seek. FEN in New York or Fusick are other sources. You might also try Cadillacs Only in Ventura, CA. You can also try posting your request on the Cadillac & LaSalle Club's buy/sell message board.

Sounds like you have a lovely car. Good luck in your restoration!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts