Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the warranty replacement policy for these horrible tires? This is just another in a long list of issues I've had with my first and last Cadillac purchase. I've had the car 16 months and it's been at the dealer more than in my garage.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Mine came with Michelin All Season because its AWD. I have no issue with mine, only complaint is how stiff they are when you hit anything uneven like road joint or pot hole...rattles the fillings and startles you.

30,000 Mile Manufacturer's Treadwear Limited Warranty
Primacy™ MXM4® tires carry a 30,000 mile limited warranty in addition to the standard materials and workmanship warranty for treadwear or mileage.
Download PDF Version of Warranty

Available on:
Primacy™ MXM4® ZP
Speed Rating: [V]

* Mileage Warranty Exceptions

Split fitments - If your vehicle has tires of different sizes on the front versus the rear axles, your tires cannot be rotated as recommended. Therefore, the mileage warranty on each rear tire will cover half the number of miles as the standard mileage warranty for that particular tire line.
ZP (Zero Pressure) tires - The maximum mileage warranty for ZP tires is 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
147 Posts
In all fairness, your faulty tires are not indicative of a problem with the Cadillac. I think we could agree that they are two separate issues.

I also find that my experience at Cadillac has been extremely accommodating, and they've taken ownership of the problem until it's fixed.

If you want real issues and to drive a loaner more than your own car, get yourself an Audi A4. Upside is that having the loaner as much as I do keeps me under the mileage limit for the lease.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
I have Michelins on my AWD drive CTS and have over 40,000 miles. 19,000 mile from any set of tires indicates to me that's its not the tires but how the vehicle is driven that affecting tire wear and probably problems with the vehicle as well. Like a coworker who was once complaining about the G80 locker in his 2wd Silverado wearing out his back tires prematurely. What he failed to mention was that his teenage son was allowed to drive the vehicle at will. I personally seen him doing burnouts one Friday pm. The old man was non the wiser, blamed it on Chevrolet and bought a Furd PU the next time. If I were to mention a Chevy PU to him today, he would go into rant about his @#$%^&* 2007 Chevy PU wearing out rear tires all the time. Does not happen to his current truck because the kid has job and his own truck now.

·
Registered
SRX, ATS
1 Posts
Have a 2015 ATS 2.0 with standard 17" wheels, apparently a lot of owners have changed out the run flats for much longer wearing better riding tires. Michelin makes a straight up replacement MXM4 225/45R17 with 55K warranty,from most posts the 30K run flats seem to be the high end for this type of tire with moderate driving. The car has a great handling feel to it and I guess some drivers get carried away. My question is are ther any issues with changing out the OEM tires for the same in non run flat and what be recommended for back up,one poster said ContinentialMobility Kit I do not believe the slime kits are recommended. My local Costco center states they have replaced a number of run flat equipped cars with standard tires. Any opinions ?

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
newowner201 said:
Have a 2015 ATS 2.0 with standard 17" wheels, apparently a lot of owners have changed out the run flats for much longer wearing better riding tires. Michelin makes a straight up replacement MXM4 225/45R17 with 55K warranty,from most posts the 30K run flats seem to be the high end for this type of tire with moderate driving. The car has a great handling feel to it and I guess some drivers get carried away. My question is are ther any issues with changing out the OEM tires for the same in non run flat and what be recommended for back up,one poster said ContinentialMobility Kit I do not believe the slime kits are recommended. My local Costco center states they have replaced a number of run flat equipped cars with standard tires. Any opinions ?
I'm changing from the OEM Pirelli P Zero RFs on my CTS Vsport to non RF Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The Tire Rack agent called them the best summer tire ever manufactured. I'll have them installed soon. Picked up an inflator and Slim kit for the truck. No more RFs for me for a DD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts