Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking out rims online for two weeks now..
i have a 2005 cts on stocks and i've been reading some issues on 20" wheels..would a one inch difference make a big deal on my ride quality? or will it be the same as 20"...i havent been able to decide what size rims...20" or 19"...i'd really appreciate some feedback..

·
Banned
Cadillac
423 Posts
if you run a 19" wheel you can run a 40 series tire, however a 20" wheel will require a 35 series tire. The less tire the more you feel of the road and even road noise. That being said I run 35/30 series tires on my personal vehicle. It's not a DRAMATIC difference between 19" and 20", and 20" will definitely give you that look!

·
Registered
2005 CTS
78 Posts
I have 19" on my 2005 CTS...it has been almost 2 years and I get compliments all the times...check the pics at Cardomain.com/cts of oc...good luck

X

·
0 Posts
do 19"s really supply much more in the way of performance compared to 20"?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
22's...

no issues here...

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Sport Lux
61 Posts
I have an 05 CTS on 20's with 245/35/20. Honestly, our cars are not "performance" cars, you shouldnt be racing them or hitting corners at 50mph. They are cars to cruise in, needless to say if you need to pass someone or switch lanes they perform excellent. If you put any rim bigger then 18" you will feel the road and hear it as well. I guess what i am trying to say is that a 20" wheel will fill more gap and look cleaner, plus the tires will be way cheaper. Either way im sure it will look good, its a CTS.

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
38 Posts
What up Miami CTS.....If you put the car on 19's with a 40 series tire I promise you it will look "weird" as long as you drop the car right on 20' inch wheels you should have no problem with the ride. If you are staggering make sure yoour offest is correct cause if not it will rub against the fender and if severe tire slashing will occur...I think you should go 20's and unless you have a CTS V don't worry about performance...The regular CTS is heavy and slow unless you got that V motor in there...20's will give you that look you are searching for....I got 20's myself so hit me up if you have any questions....Dale!

·
Registered
Cadillac
62 Posts
22's...

no issues here...
that makes two of us:cheers:.............................MIAMI CTS , well when i had 20's on my ride i had no problems at all and its not so much of a differance either and with 20's you have so much more variety of rims to choose from ........with the 20's i was running a 35 series tire

·
Registered
821 Posts
samiam: i'm normally not a fan of 20's, but as you already know, i think yours is the exeption!!! supa-tight!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
what about 22's?

(actually i don't care what'cha think t)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.