Cadillac Owners Forum banner

19" Cts v Rim advice

4K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  wcthunder 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2011 Cts coupe 3.6DI with Cts V rims 19" painted black. It looked nice but car had a small vibration when going over 42mph. Got it new tires and i was told 2 rims (1) front and (1) rear were bent. I took the rims to a repair rim shop local, only one we have here in Laredo Tx. Charged $55 for fixing both rims. Results:, A whole more vibration! Even steering vibration :(. I was told by tire shop Discount Tire, that rims cant really be fixed, they will always have issues.. So they told me they can get me both each for $350, so a total of $700. I was looking on ebay and some are a little cheaper, what do you all recommend? The bent my curreny rims had was really small, could only tell when balancing wheels, but well... I need advice if buy new, or from the shop, or any suggestions online? I need 1 front and 1 rear.

#3 ·
FunkZ said:
So the shop told you the rims were bent, charged you to fix the rims, then made it worse and now say they can't be fixed?
They said they were fixed, but they can only do so much, they use a hammer and a fire to heat them. I didnt see any special machine, i asked and they said they dont have one, so i assume they just more less fix it by using measuring tape.. Its dumb.. But idc i just want to fix my issue :/ taking recommendations so i dont make moremistakes that cost money lol

#4 · (Edited)
Maybe should've done a liiiittle more homework before paying some shop to "repair" your wheels with a torch and a hammer. :nono: I've never used these guys - http://www.wheelcollision.com/ - but they have been around for years and advertise nationally in the big car magazines.

Considering how much the CTS-V wheels seem to be going for on Ebay, it seems like you could buy a new set of other wheels, then sell the 2 good and 2 bent (but presumably fixable by a real wheel repair shop) CTS-V wheels you've got, and end up spending only a couple hundred bucks. You might even come out ahead, depending on which wheels you choose. Stick with 19s so you can keep your existing tires (no extra money spent there). Check out the options on the online wheel shops (Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, etc) and see if anything catches your eye. Hell, here's an option that would allow you to come out ahead - Bremmer Kraft BR08 in 19x8.5/10" for only $436 on closeout! Yes, for 4 wheels! And Bremmer Kraft is definitely a reputable brand, so it's not like you'd be buying garbage wheels.

#6 ·
My vote is exactly what AAIIIC said. Do it. Those wheels at that price is a bargain. Tire Rack is a highly reputable dealer. And if you need new tires, they will mount and balance them and send them to you ready to go.

#8 ·
Good idea.... Its really hard for me to decide.. I really like the cts v rims.. But well i can get 4 nice brand new not bent wheels for the price of 2 used cadillac rims... That"s something. I was thinking replacing the front maybe the rear is not too bad and it wont vibrate... If the steering wheel vibrates its probably the front one. Then again those rims for 436 dollars are not for sale anymore i reallyy liked the style and price, but they are gone :(. I would of probably purchased them. Any other ideas? Also i have tires already, 2 new continental extreme contact on the rear and some hakuma i believe in front like 1 year old, still very good thread. I think tires are good atm

I really like your alls advice thanks a lott!, any other advices or toughts are very welcomed thanks

#17 ·
They're still available, I just clicked the link...
19x8.5 Bremmer Kraft BR08 Titanium w/Machined Undercut
for 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD Premium
In Stock $139.00 $278.00
19x10 Bremmer Kraft BR08 Titanium w/Machined Undercut
for 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD Premium
Fewer than 3 $79.00 $158.00

Why aren't you buying these and solving your problems? Did you even click the link?

#12 ·
Im obviously asking because im not sure if any 19" rims fit, its a simple question, if you plan coming here and calling people stuff or insulting stay away from the post and being immature. Not everyone is an expert at auto stuff and that"s the reason why we join a Forum. Thanks

#13 ·
Hi a847297,
Most here are willing to help but asking a question like that means you've done zero research. Go and google your question and then do some reading first and learn the basics then come here with your questions and you will receive the help you need. Ill give you a hint on your question tough; If you went and bought 20 sets of 19" rims randomly you would be lucky if any fit!!!! Research your bolt pattern, rim size, offset,etc.....

#19 ·
If they are for sale Tomorrow im buying this ones!, i plan to Plasti Dip them black, what do you all think? Youtube videos seem to show its easy to Plastidip and if i ever wish to revert its easy! Yes they are in stock i just checked thanks, amazing rims in love.. Good advice too, i can sell my 2 good rims and almost make back the money

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm pretty far from the ghetto. Doesn't the CTS-V come with polished aluminum, that's pretty close to
chrome. I don't see ghetto when I look at that set up. How come very few cars of any type come murdered out from the factory?

maybe I like the ghetto look.

It seems to me calling your look as being murdered is kind of ghetto.(get out the popcorn)

The money I save on Plasti Dip I will buy a couple of 20 oz's

#28 ·
I didnt buy the rims i get paid till the 20th. And they are out of stock :/. I found oem for 200 dollars on ebay for the front 1. Maybe replacing the front the ride will change, since the rear the bent is really small, it may not affect much until i find a good deal on a rear wheel.

For some reason it doesnt vibrate much anymore.. Maybe weights fell off, it was unproperly balanced idk, its weird lol. Thanks to you all for the advice ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.