Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCW's -

Is there a faster wheel in terms of sizing? If the same rubber is put on each wheel size what would be if any the difference in times? Just the difference in weight?

thx,
Chef

I expect BIGJIM on this one.:thumbsup:

I am looking at C-14's in 18 - 18 x 9.5 but it seems like the guys at CCW said to go to a 19 inch wheel because that's what they have as a set up package. They do however have the c-14's and could cut them to spec. They said there's too much space in the wells with the 18's - RT 615 Falkens compared to PS2's which are taller in the 19's.

?

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Go with whichever is lighter and has the most weight toward the center of the wheel.

*edit* I'd also go staggered with a wider wheel/tire in the rear to help with some of the massive throttle oversteer you'll be battling. With your level of power, you need all the traction in the rear you can get.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
In my experience you'll get a much broader tire selection if you stick with 18's. 19's just seem to be the oddball....and I agree with tony, all the weight in the center....a 25lbs wheel can be faster than a 18lbs wheel depending on the distribution of the weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts