Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of using a handheld programmer (i.e. Superchips or Predator) I was curious if those individuals who swap back and forth between 18s and 22s are getting their truck flashed by the dealer to correct the speedometer/odometer. I'm planning on using the 18s for the winter and 22s the rest of the time and I'd prefer not to guess what my speed and/or mileage is...

·
Registered
Escalade
54 Posts
I upgraded from 18" to 24", but haven't changed any programming settings. According to my iPhone (downloaded a program that tells you your speed based on GPS), when I go 60 according to the odometer, I'm actually going about 66 mph, so I assume to roughly add a 10% buffer.

Plus, it's easier on your odometer.

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
I'm definitely not the right guy when it comes to this  but I all ways thought that as long as you stayed within the diameter specified by the manufacturer it should be close enough that you shouldn't see too much of a difference, I’m probably completely wrong :/

I use 18’s in the winter and run my 24’s in the summer; when I put my 18’s beside my 24’s the height is almost identical maybe a cm or two off.
I am curious about this as well I’ve never been asked to re-configure or whatever the correct term is when I swap my wheels.

I’m interested to see what you guys say.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as the overall diameter is the same, the speedo will not change.

Stock 18s = 265/65 = 31.56"
Stock 22s = 285/45 = 32.06"

About 1mph diff.

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp
I knew that...really I did! :bigroll: Never bothered to check/compare the overall diameters...just had flashbacks to my 4x4 diesel days and having the speedo/odo totally hosed up.

Thanks for the 411.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts