Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
01 catera, 08 sts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question, i just got a 180 degree thermostat for my 01 catera and was wondering would there be any downsides? i know the catera is supposed to run a little hot but in all the threads i've read no one has said anything about putting in a cold stat.

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
I ordered 3 different ones from AutoZone and they all came in stamped as 192 on the inside where the wax pellet is so I was like the hell with it and I just put in a good old OEM one... On a decent weather days she keeps it pegged at 188, and on hot days it creeps up to around 200 but never higher then that....

The colder temp is supposed to keep the air intake charge a bit cooler and give you denser air but I Doubt that it will make any noticeable differences...

·
Registered
01 catera, 08 sts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, got the thermostat in, but cant tell if it's working. the car now runs at the line under half, is that right? in what increments does the temp gauge go up?

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Sounds like its at the proper operating temperature...

Mine sits right there too... with the OEM Thermostat...

·
Registered
cadillac catera 98
29 Posts
hello guys!
I wonder if anyone has ever removed the thermostat i say so because i live in texas and the last two years has not been so cold?

any reply will be grateful:duck:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts