Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6l
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy on craigslist near my home that wants $800 for the 18" sport appearance package wheels, I am thinking about pulling the trigger.

Is that a fair price? I have looked online but it is hard to find a used price "average"

Thanks in advance

Jeff

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
The stock 18's are very nice rims. Well made. If you like the rims that seems like a decent price. I would offer him less and see if be bites. It all depends if you think it's worth it. $800 isn't too bad. I would bring them to a tire shop with the guy and get them to throw them on the balancer. I am always cautious buying used factory aluminum rims.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
$800 I would consider full price for used 18" sport appearance package wheels. It's not a horrible price if you want them now but not a great price if you are looking for a deal. I have seen them go for about 500 for the set.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V mostly stock
461 Posts
^What he said. I sold mine in good but not great condition locally for $400. I probably wouldn't pay more than $600.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
Plus you need to consider you will be getting new tires probably. That cranks your cost up to about $1200-$1400 at a minimum....DAMN....that's getting spendy. I would talk this guy down to around $500, but do it in person. It's too easy to tell people to F*** off over texts or emails. It's a little harder when you are standing in front of the guy with a stack of 50 dollar bills.

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
If they run true on a balancer, and don't have any curb rash, that sounds like a fair deal that will become a GOOD deal if you can
haggle your way down even a little bit.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
Firewalker said:
There is a guy on craigslist near my home that wants $800 for the 18" sport appearance package wheels, I am thinking about pulling the trigger.

Is that a fair price? I have looked online but it is hard to find a used price "average"

Thanks in advance

Jeff
I picked up a set of 9-spoke OEM Sport wheels. In almost perfect condition, 2 new tires, 2 older ones. Cost me $800, and shipping was included. I felt it was a fairly good deal and I'm happy.
He was initially selling it for $800, plus requiring the buyer to pay for shipping. To my house it was around $150 for shipping I believe. He agreed to cover shipping so I felt that was enough concessions, although I may have been able to get away with $700 if I had bartered more.

Either way, I can't complain. It was a good buying experience with everything arriving just as advertised and his packing of the wheels was superb. They could be dropped from 30,000 ft and still survive.

I'd say $800 is an acceptable deal if they're in good condition. Make certain you get shipping covered though, and maybe try for $650 to $700. Worst case scenario is he says no way, then you just agree to the $800 and you've still gotten a decent deal.

Oh! Also make sure you completely understand the condition of the tires if any are being offered on them. $600 with no tires included is far less of a good deal than $1000 with 4 new tires. These Potenza low-pro tires cost $300 each after mounting/balancing. Be prepared and look for Sport wheels that are being offered WITH tires like I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts