Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Couple of Quick ?'s
1. Are any mod's needed to fit 18" CTS V rims to a base CTS?

2. The rear back-up light panel is driving me crazy with condensation & I think the grey plastic trim doesn't flatter my cars' color. Does anyone know if it is an easy swap with a 2004 or newer panel?

Just picked up my 26k miles; off-lease CTS last week. It's a 2003 5-speed with the luxury package, sunroof, split folding rear seats, and Bose sound system. It's Garnet Red over tan. The only thing I really wish it had is the heated seats...but that's ok. I'm in LA now & moving the car here next month.

My parents own a CTS as well, they bought theirs in 03'. I love their car so much I changed my mind about getting a new RSX. The CTS I just bought I saw advirtised in a paper visiting back home. Talk about luck.

Anyway, this is my first post. I've been reading a bit of what's here & I like what I've been reading. I'll get pics of my ride to share as soon as I head back home to CT. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Welcome! the good news is the rear bezels are being replaced with body color one's under warranty(they no longer make the clear one). Make sure the rear bezel shows plenty of water in it(just hold the hose on full flow for a few minutes will usually do the trick if it's leaking badly allready) and they should order you a new one. The bad news is the V wheels are 6 lug, you're ride is 5 lug. You can find very similar aftermerket one's out their and that is what I would suggest. I like the look of the V wheels as well. One of the members has a 3.6 with the V front and V-like wheels, looks fabulous, and it's a blue chip which isn't available in a V. Watch yourself the mod craze is habitual!!!!! :cool2:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. It's good news about rear bezel, the orignal clear and grey is good concept, but it doesn't fair well with age. As a matter of fact, I did notice a little yellowing as well.

I didn't even think about the bolt pattern, thanks. I did see 18" 2006 STS wheels on ebay, and the listing stated they'd fit a CTS. Is it true? I'm a sucker for stock rims... check'm out

thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY-SPECIAL-UltraRARE-2006-Cadillac-STS-18-inch-Wheels_W0QQitemZ8018562270QQcategoryZ43958QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Marina Del Rey huh??? Just a quick trip down the 405 to CA90...Welcome...to the forum...As far as the rear bezel, check out my page on car domain...See ya around Bro! Can't believe you ain't representin' the West and not going with 20s

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Check the wheel offset and see if it matches the CTS, you might have to use an adaptor, and if so other members warn against using plastic ones. You're right about those wheels, they do look good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts