Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replace a set of continental 225/50/17 with only 3k on them. With new 245/45/18 F1's and I am absolutely amazed the difference in the ride.

Takes bumps a million times better it is so plush in comparison I cant explain why, I thought going up to 18's and a lower profile was gonna make it worse, but let me tell you tires make a huge difference in the stiffness of my ride.

I am super happy!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
you could have that same ride with 20s with good tires also...remember you always get what you pay for...
I dont know what this guy is smoking but anytime you go bigger the ride will suffer.(less firewall).

Goodyear makes a great tire with the F1, I love my f1 gsd3's, super smooth, no noise, grip insane.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I dont know what this guy is smoking but anytime you go bigger the ride will suffer.(less firewall).

Goodyear makes a great tire with the F1, I love my f1 gsd3's, super smooth, no noise, grip insane.
Mike, Keep your receipts for your tires. My 17s were completely bald at 10,100 miles. Retailer and Goodyear gave me a great adjustment. And I do not hot rod my cars--cause I am an old fart. The LeSabre in my driveway should have given me away.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
the term is "sidewall"
but you were close.

and its been known for years that one of the biggest improvements you can do for ride quality, be it comfort or handling, is to upgrade the tires.

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
Mike, Keep your receipts for your tires. My 17s were completely bald at 10,100 miles. Retailer and Goodyear gave me a great adjustment. And I do not hot rod my cars--cause I am an old fart. The LeSabre in my driveway should have given me away.
Ive already got 20k of hard miles on mine, wearing fairly good.

·
Registered
CTS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they told me they wear weird but I got a warranty for them so I will complain like crazy if at 10K they go bald. I do not ride aggressive. I have a 175HP at the rear wheel custom R1 for that. LOL

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
My key to success with Goodyear was being very professional on the phone with them. At no time, did I trash them. A nice approach = a nice and productive response.

Good luck with yours. I bought mine from one of the first batches of these tires. Maybe there was a fluke with mine.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts

if you think my ride has suffered at all, i would be more than willing to let you drive my car and see for yourself...

and a 245/35 has plenty of sidewall, i can see if you was referring to maybe a 25 sidewall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts