Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am definitely looking hard at a 2017, 2018 or 2019 V sport.On paper they just look like an awesome car. Plan is to daily drive with lots of highway mileage. My plan is premium luxury with Morello red edition or carbon black package but they are hard to find. May just settle for a low mileage 2019. I am wondering what the forum would suggest is better: 18 inch wheels with the staggered tires or 19 inch with 255/35 all around. My plan is to run Michelin Pilot All Season 4 on the car regardless of wheel size. It would be nice to be able to rotate the tires but I also like the idea of a thicker side wall for comfort and reliability. Please advise and thanks in advance!

- Duncan

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport,1987 Buick Grand National,1972 Pontiac,2018 Ram megacab stick
774 Posts
Hi,

I am definitely looking hard at a 2017, 2018 or 2019 V sport.On paper they just look like an awesome car. Plan is to daily drive with lots of highway mileage. My plan is premium luxury with Morello red edition or carbon black package but they are hard to find. May just settle for a low mileage 2019. I am wondering what the forum would suggest is better: 18 inch wheels with the staggered tires or 19 inch with 255/35 all around. My plan is to run Michelin Pilot All Season 4 on the car regardless of wheel size. It would be nice to be able to rotate the tires but I also like the idea of a thicker side wall for comfort and reliability. Please advise and thanks in advance!

- Duncan
I've been watching myself and there aren't many out there. I too want the red interior but I also want red or white exterior and all I keep seeing is silver or black. I think your going to have a challenge finding one. As to tires I notice no difference what so ever going from 18 to 19s in ride quality.

Sent from my Galaxy Fold. Welcome to the future.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,642 Posts
I have 19" on my XTS with OEM Goodyear Eagle Touring tires. The tire has a good amount of sidewall, and ride is good. It is nice to be able to rotate the tires.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSPORT (Retired); 2018 CTS V-Sport Prem. Morello Red Edition
68 Posts
Morello Red only available for MY 2018. Definitely less than 100 premium luxury editions produced. Mine being one of them. Not sure of the Carbon Black’s, as they were only produced for MY 2017. I am currently running Michelin PS4s on OEM 18 inch rims. Will upgrade to 19 inch HRE’s on Michelin’s should I decide to swap rims/rubber. I will retain the OEM rims however. Outside of rims and possible tune this car will remain primarily stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 sts-v black raven 2016 obsession red cts v sport premium
471 Posts
Morello Red only available for MY 2018. Definitely less than 100 premium luxury editions produced. Mine being one of them. Not sure of the Carbon Black’s, as they were only produced for MY 2017. I am currently running Michelin PS4s on OEM 18 inch rims. Will upgrade to 19 inch HRE’s on Michelin’s should I decide to swap rims/rubber. I will retain the OEM rims however. Outside of rims and possible tune this car will remain primarily stock.
Another Georgia car. I think I've met you at caffeine and octane, I was in a black 2008 stsv with loud exhaust. I bought a red obsession 2016 cts v sport premium this January lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been watching myself and there aren't many out there. I too want the red interior but I also want red or white exterior and all I keep seeing is silver or black. I think your going to have a challenge finding one. As to tires I notice no difference what so ever going from 18 to 19s in ride quality.

Even tire sizes are cheaper. The 18s will weigh less than 19s. 255s are too small for 430TQ. 275s are good from new until about 14k miles (pilot sport AS3). Then they spin. Recommend 285 or 295 rears.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Another Georgia car. I think I've met you at caffeine and octane, I was in a black 2008 stsv with loud exhaust. I bought a red obsession 2016 cts v sport premium this January lol.
Yes, I remember. What’s good man? Congrats on the new ride. Did you keep the STS-V? Never knew a Supercharged Northstar would sound like that. Like an LT1 with work done. Speaking of Caffeine and Octane, I‘ll likely be out there this Sunday.👍👍

·
Registered
2008 sts-v black raven 2016 obsession red cts v sport premium
471 Posts
Yes, I remember. What’s good man? Congrats on the new ride. Did you keep the STS-V? Never knew a Supercharged Northstar would sound like that. Like an LT1 with work done. Speaking of Caffeine and Octane, I‘ll likely be out there this Sunday.👍👍
Thanks. Yes I kept the stsv lol. I can't sell it. And I messed c&o this month, I didn't leave the shop until like 5am so I was still sleep. I will definitely bring the v sport to c&o next month. I overheard there will be a lot of law enforcement there because people didn't know how to act.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport,1987 Buick Grand National,1972 Pontiac,2018 Ram megacab stick
774 Posts
Thanks. Yes I kept the stsv lol. I can't sell it. And I messed c&o this month, I didn't leave the shop until like 5am so I was still sleep. I will definitely bring the v sport to c&o next month. I overheard there will be a lot of law enforcement there because people didn't know how to act.
A fellow sts v owner and a fellow v sport owner. Unfortunately my sts v was totalled but damn did I love that car. I've had 7 Cadillacs and it was by far the most reliable. Tracked it all the time and only thing that ever failed was supercharger belt pulley. Can't say the same for the two v sports I've owned

·
Registered
2017 CTSVsport, 2018 XT5
47 Posts
During my 5 month search for one of these rigs I only ran into probably 4 of the MR interiors but not one of them still had the Recaro in them. Great looking car. White was my first choice of color bc I have always loved Cadillacs white. The one I bought and will pick up Wed. Is Moonstone and I have not run across many gray cars of any shade which I happened to like. My XTS is gray. Can wait for my 500 road trip home.

·
Registered
68 Posts
During my 5 month search for one of these rigs I only ran into probably 4 of the MR interiors but not one of them still had the Recaro in them. Great looking car. White was my first choice of color bc I have always loved Cadillacs white. The one I bought and will pick up Wed. Is Moonstone and I have not run across many gray cars of any shade which I happened to like. My XTS is gray. Can wait for my 500 road trip home.
Yeah just looking at the production numbers - only 59 PL VSports produced for 18 - less still how many out of 59 were “MR” Editions? They did however - I believe- offer the “MR” package in the base Vsport. How many out 85 or so units produced - who knows? BTW: for the “Morello Red Edition” - in addition to the Recaros also includes the gloss black window trim, smoke black grill, and Alcantara/ leather seats.. thus likely the reason the ones you saw didn’t have the Recaro seats. That being said the morello red carbon fiber, two-tone red/black full leather interior (not MR Edition) cars are much more prevalent- they come up for sale on occaision.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Morello Red not only for MY2018, mine is a 2014 with Morello Red.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Morello Red not only for MY2018, mine is a 2014 with Morello Red.
The “Morello Red Edition” is different from Morello Red interior trim - only which is what you have. Again the “Morello Red Edition” was a $4600 option package, that included Recaros, Leather & Alcantara seats, High Gloss (no chrome) window trim, smoked black grill. Further, it was only made for 2018. What you have is Morello Red interior trim. Check the link below for more info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts