Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Long time reader, first time post. I recently had a little mishap with my CTS in which my driver's side rims were ruined (dented and cracked). I went on ebay because I did not want to pay 700 a rim to replace them. I have a Luxury Sport package CTS with the spoked polished wheels. On ebay i found a pair of rims and ordered them. OEM rims but what i did not realize until i received them was that they were off an STS. The size is 17x8 and on the rim itself it is stamped "rear only" I've done some extensive searching on this forum and found that this is a common upgrade for some CTS owners where they stagger the rims. My dilemma is on Saturday my dealership called me and said that if these rims were put on the rear there would be a chance that under a sharp turn that the rim(s) may rub against the A-frame. I figured I would put this in front of you all to see if the members that did do this modification that they did not have any issues. Based on what I've found so far I think its safe to put them on in the rear without an issue.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i have the sts wheels and no problems. It sounds pretty stupid that the dealer would say the wheels would rub. They are never positive about anything. Just like they told me it was impossible to add oem nav to my car.:D an 8 inch rear coming from a 7.5 will not rub

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, about the rubbing... doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe on the front????

I want to add 2005 18" sts wheels to my CTS. I guess they are an option on the 2006 CTS, at least it looks like it. They appear to be the same rims.

Because the 18"s & 17"s have a lower profile tire than the 16"s, is the absoulte diameter the same...with tires mounted?

·
Registered
2005 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CTS V6, yeah i thought the same thing. I'm just going to have them put them on. Thanks for your input.

Aeromass, from my research on the forums. The 18" STS wheels would cause an issue because the offset is different from the 17"s

Do a search for 17x8 thats where i found all the information.

·
Registered
98 Posts
jman1764 said:
CTS V6, yeah i thought the same thing. I'm just going to have them put them on. Thanks for your input.

Aeromass, from my research on the forums. The 18" STS wheels would cause an issue because the offset is different from the 17"s

Do a search for 17x8 thats where i found all the information.
Thanks!!! I'll stick to a nice set of 17 x 7.5's

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have 20x10 for my rear wheels so I am sure you wont have a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts