Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  DaveSmed 
#1 ·
I always have that desire for a cadillac in the back of my mind...... I mean, I talk about cadillacs every day, how could i not??

Well anyway, it seems that the only cadillac that fits my critera is the 94-96 fleetwood...... I would be using this as a daily driver...... What do you think.........

#2 ·
We went thru this before Wes...when you bought the Q. So I'll save any other comment for when you actually own the Fleet. BTW this ain't a serious tone answer. :p

#3 ·
elwesso said:
I always have that desire for a cadillac in the back of my mind...... I mean, I talk about cadillacs every day, how could i not??

Well anyway, it seems that the only cadillac that fits my critera is the 94-96 fleetwood...... I would be using this as a daily driver...... What do you think.........
Well... They're big and safe. They've got plenty of power... AND (and this is REAL important at 17) the PIMP factor is off the charts! Get some W-I-D-E whitewalls, some deep dish spokes and some DARK tint... And you'll be set. ;)

...and you can become a member of FOSS. :)
(I hear you'll get a cool t-shirt and a decoder ring) ;)

#4 ·
See, when i got the Q, people noted how big it was...... Its really not that big, IMO....... Plus, parking at school is very tight, and there are crappy cars all over that would hit it......

And, I dont want it to have any more problems than what Ive got in the Q..... Which havent been any, and I dont foresee any in the near future.......

#6 ·
elwesso said:
See, when i got the Q, people noted how big it was...... Its really not that big, IMO....... Plus, parking at school is very tight, and there are crappy cars all over that would hit it......

And, I dont want it to have any more problems than what Ive got in the Q..... Which havent been any, and I dont foresee any in the near future.......
Ya know Wes... just quit pretending you want a caddy and just keep your Q.

#10 ·
Thats true..... But it seems to me that the Q is just slightly more practical than a big FW.......

Couple questions...... What kind of city gas mileage were you FW guys getting...... i got 13.6 mpg, all city and short trip, and WOT most every day, AC on all the time..... Also, do you need to use premium in the FW....?

#12 ·
Thats true..... But, it would help the pocket book out slightly, as I am driving more since school is a little ways away......

Plus..... If I did get one, you guys would have to put up with me posting questions all the time........ Along with what I already post!!! :D

#13 ·
elwesso said:
Couple questions...... What kind of city gas mileage were you FW guys getting...... i got 13.6 mpg, all city and short trip, and WOT most every day, AC on all the time..... Also, do you need to use premium in the FW....?
Before the six speed swap, I was getting about 18mpg in mixed driving with the 3.73 gears. With the stock 2.93's, I was getting about 21mpg mixed. And I don't have a light foot. ;)

No need for premium unless you mod the car and program for it.

#14 ·
toomanytoyz said:
Well... They're big and safe. They've got plenty of power... AND (and this is REAL important at 17) the PIMP factor is off the charts! Get some W-I-D-E whitewalls, some deep dish spokes and some DARK tint... And you'll be set. ;)

...and you can become a member of FOSS. :)
(I hear you'll get a cool t-shirt and a decoder ring) ;)
Hey man I just saw the signature with the side of your car and all....one question for ya. How come you have a Ford's V8 logo on the side of your GM? Kinda looks like some Uncle Benny's domestic rice ;) j/k

#15 ·
BlackoutSpecV said:
Hey man I just saw the signature with the side of your car and all....one question for ya. How come you have a Ford's V8 logo on the side of your GM? Kinda looks like some Uncle Benny's domestic rice ;) j/k
Well, ya see... I was looking for a nice LT1 emblem, and there just wasn't one that matched the car. So I was looking for a V8 emblem, and couln't find anything either. Then one day I'm behind a new exploder and I see that on the gate and I'm like "That's it!" So I got one for each fender. I think it looks great and matches the "classiness" of the car rather well. So what if it's a ford product? They get a lot of attention, and I'd say 90% of the people that notice them, like them. But I actually removed them a week ago because the tape gave up on one of them. Guess they didn't like being on a GM product! :D

And how is it rice? The car really does have a V8? :)

#19 ·
elwesso said:
Thats true..... But, it would help the pocket book out slightly, as I am driving more since school is a little ways away......

Plus..... If I did get one, you guys would have to put up with me posting questions all the time........ Along with what I already post!!! :D
I'd wait until you are completely financially stable to get one. Caddy's look sweet and they are "golden" in a thousand ways but there are a few possible pitfalls regarding the cost of ownership and maintenance. If you love your Q and it doesn't give you problems, it might be smarter to sit tight. If you have to have a fleetwood and have the money to do it, go for it. Best of luck...I hope the one you get is GOLDEN :D

#20 ·
The only problem is..... I have a really poor paying job (fortunately I dont have much in the way of expenses, just gas and maintenance for the car.... tahts about it)...... Plus the fact that I work at a golf course, so I wont have any sort of income after october through march or april........ Problems, unless major (tranny), I can DIY...... In fact, I wouldnt have my Q right now if I didnt know how to turn a wrench..... I estimate that Ive saved almost 1000 is DIY labor, at the 60/hr shop rate....... So that being said, anything short of catostrophic doesnt really bother me, except having it out of comission for a while......

There are only 1 thing stopping me at this point.....

Whatever FW i would get, I would have to get that out of my Q....... Ill assume I can get 6500 from it.... And unless I just find an unreal deal, I dont think Id be able to get a FW that was to my standards for 6500...... I could be wrong.....

#21 ·
Just remember one thing though. Your 17 years old, and if you buy a Caddy, be expecting to pay Caddy prices for parts, labor, etc. They can be a money pit. How much are you looking to spend max for a car? And do you have a preference as to if its AWD, FWD, RWD? I-4, V6, V8? Or do you just want a running car thats in decent shape

#23 ·
Cadillac parts arent more expensive than ones for Infiniti..... They just arent, plus theres a caddy dealer about 10 mins away from my house......

Im probably not into spending more than 7000..... It has to be V8, and I would rather not have it be FWD........

If I just wanted a decent car that runs, i wounldnt (definitely) have gotten the Q...... There is ALWAYS something to fix on it...... Little things like the dash light for the cruise not coming on, little lightbulbs burnt out, etc...... I would have been like most of my friends and got a Geo or a saturn......

Thats not my style...... Remember my sig line "go big or go home"....... I live by it.......

#24 ·
There's actually a Fleetwood on eBay right now - the one I'm using in comparison of mine because it looks exactly the same. It's got 90k+ on it and looks really nice. I actually posted a link to it in my "Next Target" thread in the Fleetwood forum. If I remember correctly, it has a $6500 "Buy it now" option. It's a Brougham.. Also, there's a nice Brougham in New Jersey that I passed up because I'm not a good DIYer.. It's $6k and had around 90k on it.. You're in the right price-range...

#25 ·
See, I cant drive around the country for a car...... And paying for shipping is ridiculous, IMO..... besides, id have to check it out first......

I guess Ill just have to wait and get lucky to find one nearby.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.