Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience with a rim change to 19". I purchased a set of OEM 19s on ebay for $600. They were refurbished to new. Had to also buy a set of TPMS modules on ebay which was $40. Paid $500 for a set of tires 235-35-19, also ebay. I had reservations about the larger rim diameter, but I can't be happier with the new set up. The new ride is much smoother and less jarring than before. The 19s look so much better in the wheel wells. The TPMS are working perfectly. Handling is improved. Sold the old rims for $300 locally. All in all, a good experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS VSport
2,748 Posts
Low-profile tires work well with the FE3 or Magnaride (FE4?) suspension.

Edit: I think FE3 is performance suspension (sway bars, springs?) while F55 is Magnaride. At least those are the options on my VSport. This is a little different from gen 2 where shocks, springs and sway bars were described by FE1, 2 and 3.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS VSport
2,748 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I'm pretty sure I don't have the magnaride, but the tires are superb.
If you don't have FE3 suspension tuning currently (check your build sheet, seems unlikely if it was equipped with 17" wheels) you'll see a marked improvement if you revise the tuning to FE3 when you replace the shocks. Low profile tires work best with increased spring rate and shock damping.

I did the opposite on a my gen 2 2009. Rebuilt the suspension to FE3 while still on 18" wheels. It was good, but became great when I switched to 19" wheels with low profile tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts