Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter from the GM Recall Information Processiong Center that Cadillac is conducting a "voluntary customer satisfaction program" on certain 03 and 04 CTS's equipped with Goodyear 17-inch tires. It said that the tires may develop a bulge or crack on the inner sidewall of the tire and though unsightly will not affect performance or safety. They will replace all of the Goodyear 17-inch tires on my car at no charge until Oct. 31, 2004.

:rolleyes: I don't know, but if its not a safety issue; I'm going to wait until Oct. 30, 2004 and get 4 new tires. :bulging:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Scott said:
I just got a letter from the GM Recall Information Processiong Center that Cadillac is conducting a "voluntary customer satisfaction program" on certain 03 and 04 CTS's equipped with Goodyear 17-inch tires. It said that the tires may develop a bulge or crack on the inner sidewall of the tire and though unsightly will not affect performance or safety. They will replace all of the Goodyear 17-inch tires on my car at no charge until Oct. 31, 2004.

:rolleyes: I don't know, but if its not a safety issue; I'm going to wait until Oct. 30, 2004 and get 4 new tires. :bulging:
That is great free tires. So you can have fun on your rubber now and get new ones in a year. Will they let you get a better tire if you throw them some cash

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I think I'm going to take advantage of GM's 'free CTS tire' deal too. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
I just pulled off all my tires last weekend to rotate them and clean the wheels, and there were no lumps, cracks or bulges - nothing. :shhh: That said, I'll have about twenty five thousand miles on the CTS next year, and I'll welcome the new set of tires. Thanks Goodyear. :banana:

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
2 of my wheels burst on potholes....theyre just not very strong.....i think a lot of people have had the same problem

50 series tires blow out when they hit potholes. Doesn't matter much what brand you run. Actually I've had less of that with Goodyear than Pirelli and Bridgestone. With so little sidewall 50 series and below are tough to live with when the roads get bad. Bends wheels too... :crybaby:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts