Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my A/C decides to stop working a couple of weeks ago. Took it into my local dealer ( Gold Coast Cadillac in NJ). Service writer warned me that the A/C hose due to Covid is back ordered and it may take quite some time before it comes in. They put me out in a brand new XT6 and I was on my way. Week later they contact me saying still back ordered. I actually trailer my jetskis and occasionally drive on the beach near me using 4wd. I asked if there was any way they could get an Escalade for me. Gold Coast pulled through and told me to come on down. They put me in a brand new Escalade as a loaner ( 55 miles on it). They are truly an amazing dealer and I’ve been dealing with them for 20 years. Another phone call from them this past week and they said best case scenario the part may be in the week of 10/7. I’m figuring now the second week of October I may get my truck back. I’m thankful for Gold Coast but I have three drivers under age 25 and they’re not covered. We’re constantly using all of our vehicles so now three can’t drive.

My lease only has two payments remaining. I’m not looking at another Escalade, thought an XT6 but its my wife’s car and no interest in either. This is our third Escalade and I’m on my second CTS-V. I figured I’d reach out to GM Financial and ask them if they can take my lease in early, waive my last two payments, take my car and I’ll return the loaner. They said contact Cadillac directly and gave me a number.

This is where it gets interesting. Called the number 877-248-2080 And it just kept ringing. Tried the other 800-333-4223 number and was on hold for a long time so decided to use their texting option. Not to pleased having to text but I explained my issue and what I would like to see done if possible. They gAve me a reference number and said I’ll be hearing from someone in 1-3 business days. Wasn’t happy about up to three days! Today was day three so I decided to call and someone actually answered. Gave them my reference number and was told I have an assigned Senior Advisor. They put me through her voicemail and I left a message. No return call so I called again this evening. Spoke to someone else and was very professional but couldn’t help. Asked for a manager and none there. He did create a note and said a manager will be in touch with me either tomorrow or Monday.

I’m a little disappointed with the customer service from Cadillac. Here I am driving the high line GM brand and no one speaks to me. My dealer has been phenomenal but this customer service from Cadillac has been a letdown. Zero communication so far. All I wanted was to speak to someone to see if they could waive the last two payments due to the situation. Not asking for a lot. Has anyone had any experience with Cadillacs Customer Care??

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,646 Posts
Someone else posted a similar thing recently. Cadillac Customer Care is typically much better that. But something recently has changed it feels like. Maybe they had a COVID outbreak in the office and nobody is there to handle these things quickly.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
147 Posts
Because this was a holiday week I would give them a chance to respond next week. Also maybe send an email to [email protected].

It's good to hear that Gold Coast has treated you well. I am in New Hampshire but a few months ago I was searching for a hard to find part and started calling some large Cadillac dealers on the east coast to see if they could help. Of all the dealers I called Gold Coast was by far the most friendly and helpful. Some of the others couldn't really be bothered to talk to me.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Maybe they aren’t interested in ending your lease early because you aren’t buying/leasing another Cadillac?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone attempted to call yesterday. Had a missed call as my phone was charging. They followed up with an email saying they couldn’t reach me. I do have voicemail and was surprised they couldn’t leave a message. I’m sure I will hear from them tomorrow. GM does offer anyone with a lease the pull ahead option which I don’t have any interest in. I’m looking at it from a dealer/customer service side. Why have me out on a dealers loaner for a month, possibly more where they can take my truck in early and satisfy me due to the inconvenience of my family not being able to drive a vehicle. I understand this whole Covid situation backordered parts and screwed up everything. I just look at is there a cost savings to them? I’m still driving an Escalade so someone is paying here. I’ve been in a loaner for almost a month now.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I see your point. But if you aren’t in the loaner Escalade, someone else in for service would be. So either way there will be cost associated with the Escalade loaner.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
147 Posts
It's probably not a cost savings if they eat the last two payments with no new sale to you in exchange. It's also probably on a different set of books.

12,816 Posts
So my A/C decides to stop working a couple of weeks ago. Took it into my local dealer ( Gold Coast Cadillac in NJ). Service writer warned me that the A/C hose due to Covid is back ordered and it may take quite some time before it comes in. They put me out in a brand new XT6 and I was on my way. Week later they contact me saying still back ordered. I actually trailer my jetskis and occasionally drive on the beach near me using 4wd. I asked if there was any way they could get an Escalade for me. Gold Coast pulled through and told me to come on down. They put me in a brand new Escalade as a loaner ( 55 miles on it). They are truly an amazing dealer and I’ve been dealing with them for 20 years. Another phone call from them this past week and they said best case scenario the part may be in the week of 10/7. I’m figuring now the second week of October I may get my truck back. I’m thankful for Gold Coast but I have three drivers under age 25 and they’re not covered. We’re constantly using all of our vehicles so now three can’t drive.

My lease only has two payments remaining. I’m not looking at another Escalade, thought an XT6 but its my wife’s car and no interest in either. This is our third Escalade and I’m on my second CTS-V. I figured I’d reach out to GM Financial and ask them if they can take my lease in early, waive my last two payments, take my car and I’ll return the loaner. They said contact Cadillac directly and gave me a number.

This is where it gets interesting. Called the number 877-248-2080 And it just kept ringing. Tried the other 800-333-4223 number and was on hold for a long time so decided to use their texting option. Not to pleased having to text but I explained my issue and what I would like to see done if possible. They gAve me a reference number and said I’ll be hearing from someone in 1-3 business days. Wasn’t happy about up to three days! Today was day three so I decided to call and someone actually answered. Gave them my reference number and was told I have an assigned Senior Advisor. They put me through her voicemail and I left a message. No return call so I called again this evening. Spoke to someone else and was very professional but couldn’t help. Asked for a manager and none there. He did create a note and said a manager will be in touch with me either tomorrow or Monday.

I’m a little disappointed with the customer service from Cadillac. Here I am driving the high line GM brand and no one speaks to me. My dealer has been phenomenal but this customer service from Cadillac has been a letdown. Zero communication so far. All I wanted was to speak to someone to see if they could waive the last two payments due to the situation. Not asking for a lot. Has anyone had any experience with Cadillacs Customer Care??
We are certainly sorry to hear these sentiments. So we may best assist, please send an email over to [email protected], ATTN: MRANT212 / Cadillac Forum. Please include either your case number or full contact information and VIN. We hope to hear from you soon.

To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

·
Registered
Escalade, 2017, PremLux
12 Posts
What was happening with your ac? My 2017s front AC just stopped blowing any air for a few days then started working as soon as I dropped it off at the dealer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Surprisingly the AC hose arrived this past Friday afternoon at the dealership. Got a call Monday that they were getting it in the shop and completed. Vehicle was ready Monday afternoon. I picked it up this morning.

I’ll give my dealership a 5 star rating for their professionalism and follow up over the past month. Cadillac customer service I will give two thumbs down 👎👎 for ZERO contact with me since Tuesday 9/8. I don’t count a missed call with no voicemail message or an email from them saying my number wasn’t working properly. I’m shocked that Cadillac as the premier unit of General Motors did nothing for me. I’m fortunate that my part came in vs the expected date of 10/1.

I will send an email as recommended by Cadillac Customer Service on this forum

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
147 Posts
Between the GM shutdown last year and Covid parts have been harder to get lately. I think they are finally catching up though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Part just showed up all of a sudden and the dealership repaired the car and it’s back with me. It was interesting though as I never spoke to anyone from Cadillac. I was a bit disappointed with the whole process from Cadillac. I fired off an email and finally got a call from the woman that runs Customer Care. At least she was understanding about the lack of communication.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts