Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,ive always loved working on cars. I finally turned 16 and now i own a Cadillac cts! :D its a 2004 v6 3.6l with 50k mileage in all black.All the parts are in stock and i want to trick this thing out before school starts. :cookoo: i want to make it look something like this.. :2thumbs:

now here the questions...
1. where can i find these tinted headlights? they dont seem to be anywhere?
2. where can i find this body kit? ive only seen the saronas and the vip racing style ones.
3. im interested in getting an air intake for less the $250...
4.I need some new rims. im thinking of getting something in aluminum with black.sizes 17-20. but i dont know what the tire sizes would be...
5. i need a nice looking stainless steel exhaust tip. i will need one for each side. i would go to the local store and get some,but the problem with it is that the exhaust tips are facing down. Idk if i should just cut them and just get straight ones?

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
1. tint your headlights yourself
2. i dont think thats is really much a body kit, more so a V front end and maybe side skirts
3. new intake for less than 250? make one or do Gaetano's and Mike's stock air box mod. unless used, you will have trouble finding a Volant or K&N for that price
4. the stock rims are aluminum, the rim offset for out cars is 38-42
5. for exhaust tips, best thing to do imo is get a full CTS-V exhaust which has really nice tips already, or get the E&G Classics tips

you may also want to look into doing the clear fog/drl mod (gets ride of the orange drl light), costs about $20 and is pretty easy to do.
you can also get clear or smoke side markers on ebay

that car pictured also has a new hood, i want to say its from Specter Werks but im not sure, ive only ever seen their modded Corvettes, it just looks like there stuff

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
142 Posts
hey guys,ive always loved working on cars. I finally turned 16 and now i own a Cadillac cts! :D its a 2004 v6 3.6l with 50k mileage in all black.All the parts are in stock and i want to trick this thing out before school starts. :cookoo: i want to make it look something like this.. :2thumbs:

now here the questions...
1. where can i find these tinted headlights? they dont seem to be anywhere?
2. where can i find this body kit? ive only seen the saronas and the vip racing style ones.
3. im interested in getting an air intake for less the $250...
4.I need some new rims. im thinking of getting something in aluminum with black.sizes 17-20. but i dont know what the tire sizes would be...
5. i need a nice looking stainless steel exhaust tip. i will need one for each side. i would go to the local store and get some,but the problem with it is that the exhaust tips are facing down. Idk if i should just cut them and just get straight ones?
what you have here is the Cadillac CTS-V by Predator Performance : 806 ch
that car is prep for showing there stuff...
i especialy like there hoods with extractor... and yes it's made by Specter Werks.

buy night shade to do your tinting...

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
Wow hahaha this is hilarious, first me, then Kad4life, now Cads4life, ok Ill make you guys a deal, ill play the dad you guys are my kids hahaha :histeric:

on a serious note,how much money do you want to spend? Cause that car your looking at is a twin turbo V with Specter Werkes Flares lol haha

Looks wise tho, thats still a lot of money,woah woah waoh, i just read, you wanna trick it out before school?? damn I know what it feels like to drive a bad ass car to school, We can walk you thro the modding, and where are you located??

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i could have sworn that is some guy off here's 3.6l cts with just tinted headlights and a V bumper and grills....
maybe its a real V i dont remember.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow hahaha this is hilarious, first me, then Kad4life, now Cads4life, ok Ill make you guys a deal, ill play the dad you guys are my kids hahaha :histeric:

on a serious note,how much money do you want to spend? Cause that car your looking at is a twin turbo V with Specter Werkes Flares lol haha

Looks wise tho, thats still a lot of money,woah woah waoh, i just read, you wanna trick it out before school?? damn I know what it feels like to drive a bad ass car to school, We can walk you thro the modding, and where are you located??
hahaha, yeah im im willing to spend big bucks on my CTS. I live in Illinois.. money isnt much of a problem here. :bouncy:

wayyyy to confusing,especially this early in the morning... please make a more unique username.......
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/206148-present-you-3-2l-guys.html

do what andrew said, and btw there is a rule against putting aftermarket rims on the CTS that are not 20". i dont know who makes these rules but who am i to go against them....those who have bought 18 or 17 always here " that would look better in a 20"
yeah i thought about last night.. im planning only going up to 18. but i dont know whether i should get 17s or 18s. And thanks.. ill change the my username for you guys.. it seems to create a confusion :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
i havnt seen him in a while but the one white diamond car Ive seen with a v bumper was chico and he dissapeared, he hasnt logged in since 5-19

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Cads4life your name is tripping me out haha, i just saw your post, and i was like um i nvr said that wtf hahaha oh god here we go

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what you have here is the Cadillac CTS-V by Predator Performance : 806 ch
that car is prep for showing there stuff...
i especialy like there hoods with extractor... and yes it's made by Specter Werks.

buy night shade to do your tinting...
can i buy this night shade stuff at the local auto parts store? or would i be better of with the decal fx brand?

·
Registered
06 CTS 3.6 Raven Black
79 Posts
i could have sworn that is some guy off here's 3.6l cts with just tinted headlights and a V bumper and grills....
maybe its a real V i dont remember.
Yeah here you go Mike, CTS-V Predator

Specter Werkes; said:
Finally, for the driver that wants that all-out road and track look of the wide bodied World Challenge CTS-V, Specter Werkes offers the wheel flairs. Sure to turn heads and lower track times.
- 2004-2007 CTS-V Fender Flairs: $1,140.00 click to buy
Don't think a 16 year old can afford these without some serious saving lol. Or some loaded parents.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Awww i didnt wanna be the one to bring in his age, you nvr know, and hey he may want to spice it up a little, either way Im down to help you out man

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah here you go Mike, CTS-V Predator

Don't think a 16 year old can afford these without some serious saving lol. Or some loaded parents.
now this is what im talking about!!!

·
Registered
06 CTS 3.6 Raven Black
79 Posts
Awww i didnt wanna be the one to bring in his age, you nvr know, and hey he may want to spice it up a little, either way Im down to help you out man
Technical I'm not the first either, I think it says it in the post lol. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying their not a cheap alternative to a full body kit. I think their worst as far a cost.

Sorry if I did make you mad Cads4life

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Cads4life(so weird spelling that ahaha) what are you looking to do? you kind of have to make a decision soon,because if your gonna do body work, figure paint time,prep,shipping,assembly, soooo what you looking for??? lol
oh and some pictures of YOUR CTS ASAP!! haha like right now

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Technical I'm not the first either, I think it says it in the post lol. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying their not a cheap alternative to a full body kit. I think their worst as far a cost.

Sorry if I did make you mad Cads4life
its all good guys :D

1 - 20 of 207 Posts