Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS VSport
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Wif'e's '16 VSport has a TPS issue. The tires are all fine but the LR corner is showing --- where the reading should be. I'm assuming this indicates a bad sensor. I see them at Advance for ~$50 a pop, is this something Discount Tire can do or is it a stealership item?

Russ

·
Registered
2022 CT4-V Blackwing, 2014 CTS Vsport
248 Posts
I had one replaced at either Discount tire or America's tire and it went okay. I think they just look it up in their catalog and then we hope for the best.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
522 Posts
I was at Discount once and overheard them quote another customer $60 to replace one TPMS sensor. When she balked at $60, they went down to $40 and she said yes.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I bought a new set of 4 ACDelco's on eBay for less than $10 ea and Discount Tire installed for $5/wheel. I am a long standing customer and deal only with the manager. If you're having tires installed they do it for free.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,092 Posts
If one has failed most likely the others will soon. You should have them all replaced.

·
Registered
2016 CTS VSport
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from Discount Tire. Miracle of all miracles, their reader showed not only the LR out, but also the RF, which was reading just fine when we pulled in. Not to mention, their spiel about the Michelin PS AS3+'s being at 3/32" tread after 4 years and ~ 15k miles - with a 71 Y.O. grandma driving 95% of that. So, $129 later, we have 2 new TPM sensors. Used to be, you could buy a complete set of tires for what 2 sensors now cost...

Russ

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,092 Posts
You got bad advice plus being ripped off if cost was more than $100 - 125

·
Registered
2016 CTS VSport
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never said I felt it was a rip-off. I priced these at Advance, they were $52 each, Discount charged me $60 each and no labor. I'm just gripey cause I bought a new SET OF FOUR back in 2010 for $66 and now they're $52 EACH . But then, I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a complete set of tires, mounted and balanced, for what just the TPMS valve stems cost now. Good thing these cars aren't Ferraris or Lambos!

Russ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts