Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was very excited that my car is officially "broken in" and I can finally see what this engine is really like (I would describe it as "adequate"). However, I have some issues:

1) When I started the car yesterday evening the HUD and the lights on the steering wheel were nowhere to be found. I checked all the buttons and dimming switch and I don't think it was that. I assumed it was a fuse and made an appointment with my local dealer (mostly to fix the issues below). I also turned the car off and on again last night and the lights/hud didn't work. This morning when I started the car it worked fine.

2) I think there is a hole in the muffler. I noticed it a few days after I bought it but on cold mornings it seems like there is exhaust coming from the middle/rear of the car instead of the tailpipes. I've also noticed that the muffler is "blackening" (like a tailpipe, not road grime) in the middle/front. I haven't scraped the bottom of the car or anything so that's annoying. Is this a common manufacturing defect?

3) When going slow (pulling out of my driveway) the power steering makes a clicking or ratcheting noise when I turn it. It really only does it in my driveway and it is hard to replicate. It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying in a "luxury" car.

4) I am definitely suffering from "rough idle." When idling or driving at low RPMS, especially when its cold, the engine feels and sounds like an old diesel. Does anyone know the exact service bulletins for the rough idle? My car is a 14, 2.0t, RWD, auto.

Once again, none of this issues are the end of the world, but when you buy a luxury car you expect it to be built to a certain standard and carry a certain level of refinement.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
1) When I started the car yesterday evening the HUD and the lights on the steering wheel were nowhere to be found. I checked all the buttons and dimming switch and I don't think it was that. I assumed it was a fuse and made an appointment with my local dealer (mostly to fix the issues below). I also turned the car off and on again last night and the lights/hud didn't work. This morning when I started the car it worked fine.
That is exactly what happened to mine as well. I shut the car off opened the door and got back in and it was still bad. Went to work and got in after work and everything was fine again. I had about 3200 miles on it. That was about 2 weeks ago. Hasn't happened since. On the way in to work I called my service advisor and left a message stating I wanted to set an appointment up to bring it in for that issue and I never received a call back.

Also had the racheting noise on my last ATS when I would turn the wheel to the right at low speeds. Like yours it was hard to replicate and it was not fixed before I got rid of the car.

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also had the racheting noise on my last ATS when I would turn the wheel to the right at low speeds. Like yours it was hard to replicate and it was not fixed before I got rid of the car.
Interesting. Did the dealer say anything?

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
1. Thats messed up, I'd talk to the dealer. Next time it does it, take video to show the dealer so they don't give you the complaint "failed to replicate problem", which is BS.

2. I haven't heard from it, but I'd have them look. It should be audible compared to other 2.0T cars that are new if there is a problem.

3. There's a TSB for this. There's a piece of plastic/insulation around the shaft that's just too tight. I can't find the details about it, but it's a common issue. They take apart the surround and trim/replace that piece and it goes away.

4. There's a TSB to replace the spark plugs and reprogram the ECU. Don't know if that's the literal fix though. The car also does a split-fire injection cycle when cold, which causes a lot of the issues. When it says it sounds like a diesel... well... the car is direct injected, so it does have a few diesel qualities.

I would also check the front timing cover and look for any oil stains from seepage/seals. Just to be sure when you take it in there.

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Thats messed up, I'd talk to the dealer. Next time it does it, take video to show the dealer so they don't give you the complaint "failed to replicate problem", which is BS.

2. I haven't heard from it, but I'd have them look. It should be audible compared to other 2.0T cars that are new if there is a problem.

3. There's a TSB for this. There's a piece of plastic/insulation around the shaft that's just too tight. I can't find the details about it, but it's a common issue. They take apart the surround and trim/replace that piece and it goes away.

4. There's a TSB to replace the spark plugs and reprogram the ECU. Don't know if that's the literal fix though. The car also does a split-fire injection cycle when cold, which causes a lot of the issues. When it says it sounds like a diesel... well... the car is direct injected, so it does have a few diesel qualities.

I would also check the front timing cover and look for any oil stains from seepage/seals. Just to be sure when you take it in there.
Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the direct injection/diesel thing, its not so much the noise, which I expected with the direct injection, its the roughness.

12,778 Posts
So I was very excited that my car is officially "broken in" and I can finally see what this engine is really like (I would describe it as "adequate"). However, I have some issues:

2) I think there is a hole in the muffler. I noticed it a few days after I bought it but on cold mornings it seems like there is exhaust coming from the middle/rear of the car instead of the tailpipes. I've also noticed that the muffler is "blackening" (like a tailpipe, not road grime) in the middle/front. I haven't scraped the bottom of the car or anything so that's annoying. Is this a common manufacturing defect?

3) When going slow (pulling out of my driveway) the power steering makes a clicking or ratcheting noise when I turn it. It really only does it in my driveway and it is hard to replicate. It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying in a "luxury" car.

4) I am definitely suffering from "rough idle." When idling or driving at low RPMS, especially when its cold, the engine feels and sounds like an old diesel. Does anyone know the exact service bulletins for the rough idle? My car is a 14, 2.0t, RWD, auto.

Once again, none of this issues are the end of the world, but when you buy a luxury car you expect it to be built to a certain standard and carry a certain level of refinement.
Hello all,

I see that some of you are unfortunately experiencing some vehicle concerns. Additionally, we hold our vehicles to the highest standards, and want you to feel that you are receiving the ultimate experience with your vehicle. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and the name of your involved dealership if you would like me to look further into your concerns. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
ATS
415 Posts
Recently turned 6000 miles in my 3.6 Premium. Absolutely zero problems or issues so far. I LOVE this car!
Im with you (though just a luxury trim level) but Im not quite at 6K miles yet, had this car 15 months and loving every moment of it. Still enjoy looking out the window to see it just sitting there. Just got to get to a couple of projects done on it but no time right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts