Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a question to the community. The rubber seal on my sunroof was sticking out of the glass after I had opened the roof for the first time after winter in 2019. At the time I was still under warranty and I brought it back for repair no problem, or so I thought. In 2020 after the warranty had expired it was sticking out again and the dealership told me that it had only been stuck back in and reglued the last time and they would do the same again because the proper fix would cost over $5,000 (Canadian). They said they would have to replace the whole sunroof, glass and all, to fix the seal properly. I haven't used my sunroof since, but I've been having the gut feeling that I'm getting a load of BS on this fix. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks in advance.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,521 Posts
Handing you a line I believe. Take a look at these two threads.

· Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum
2,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum! These dealers. I ordered the seal and replaced it in my driveway. They should be able to do it for no more that a couple of hundred dollars depending on their shop rate.

· Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS V Sport and 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum! These dealers. I ordered the seal and replaced it in my driveway. They should be able to do it for no more that a couple of hundred dollars depending on their shop rate.
Is the seal glued in? Can you give a brief overview of the install? I noticed mine is starting to come up on the backside.

· Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum
2,891 Posts
The seal is pressure fit into a channel around the panel. There are four Phillips screws that hold the panel in place, two on each side. Then the glass panel lifts right out. Remove the old seal and press the new one on. Takes a bit of work to get the panel lined up correctly when done. Not a hard job at all.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chaz and Excalibur! This sounds like something that an ex-engineer should be able to do with no problem! I would guess that the original dealership was too lazy and didn't want to lose out on warranty dollars to do the job right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.