Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6 Luxury Sport RWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a leftover and therefore still new 2014 ATS 3.6 premium RWD with about 75 miles on it. They told me it will come with full factory warranty since it is still considered new. It has the head up display and, as I said, is premium trim level but are there any options at all beyond premium that were available on this vehicle such as a track pack or spoiler or Reccaro seats or whatever?

Maybe the head up display and paddle shifters that it has are part of a track pack? Not a deal breaker to not have every single option but I'd just like to know what I'm not getting. I have tried to search online but I could only find basic trim levels. Also will this car be OK on 87 octane or do I need to use premium fuel? Lastly, I have never purchased a new car in my life but I remember people buying new cars years ago and having to go through a "break-in" process. I haven't heard about that in years so I guess a break in is a thing of the past, correct? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
The 3.6 V6 should run fine with regular. On my CTS, the manual says a boost in performance may be noticed with premium.

Break-in periods as what was recommended 25 years ago, is no longer really required, unless you plan to go home and immediately take the car out to a race track.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual
97 Posts
You have not listed all the options that are on the car you are looking at so I can't say what you are missing, but the biggest available options for Premium trim 3.6 cars includes a track pack (better cooling, etc), navigation (regular cue comes without it), and the safety alert package (includes emergency braking, blindspot monitoring, lane departure). Of course, there are many dealer accessories such as spoilers, microfiber suede-trimmed steering wheels, and such but you can always add those post-purchase. Break in periods are still recommended by the manufacture. Cadillac recommends not exceeding 4,000 RPM for the first 3,000 miles. So, essentially, take it easy for a little while and avoid taking it to any tracks or really wringing it out until the break in period has passed. In normal driving you really do not have to do anything differently.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6 Luxury Sport RWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I know it has the safety alert package as I felt the seat vibrate when I test drove it and someone came into my blind spot. Also, I know it has nav. The track pack is what I'll have to ask about but I guess the paddles and head up display do not automatically mean a track pack then. Everything else, including the 19" rims and ground effects I can do without. Boy, I really hope it has the track pack. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,665 Posts
The rear axle can develop a lot of heat during the first couple hundred miles and that is a good reason to avoid sustained high speed driving initially. A reasonable break-in followed by oil and filter change is a good idea, I also like changing the rear axle fluid out somewhere in the 500 to 1,000 mile range and you will find it has a metallic sheen from break-in wear materials.

The track pack provides different brake linings and an external oil cooler, if you actually plan to track the car you can add performance pads of your choice and you could also get the oil cooler and fittings from GM parts or use an aftermarket setup. However neither are needed for street usage and the 3.6 has a pretty robust cooling system stock.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 Premium RWD
443 Posts
The only option on the premium is blind spot/adaptive cruise... which is part of drivers assist I believe.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,402 Posts
Assuming the same on the 2014 as the 2015 - Go to Cadillac and build your own - http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-sport-sedan/build-your-own.html?x-zipcode=45201#eyJzZXJpZXMiOiI2QUc2OV8xU1MiLCJ2ZWhpY2xlRGF0YVNvdXJjZSI6ImNocm9tZSIsImNvbmZpZ3VyYXRpb25Hcm91cElkIjoiMSIsInNzIjoiSDRzSUFBQUFBQUFBQUhXUFBRNkNRQkNGSDB3ME1SWjJsbHB3QWhyUmNrV1dud2lLeENBSHNMR3d0UFlrSHNMYldlbU80QWlKdm1LejM4dk1teGtBWStCMFIrOTJnWDA4dzk0WFlLL0RWanFZUHE2d3dCcUNkTEFBcmZVQmxGWUs1QllGS0M4ajgrZ01GSG81U09XbUpISXJVTHlaR1U5bFR5UFVHb0VjeHpHZk92RWRJTUNkQWp4SndJUjhnYk1GZUlZQUx5YkFDd3BrUzA3cmk5RzR2dmZENVZPa2tZOFQyQ1hiVnYya3FTL0R1T1hPUHprREtQa[email protected]

Other options include Cold Weather Package, Sunroof (my Premium was very difficult to find without a sunroof), Driver Performance Package, Track Performance Package (my guess is very rare), Advanced Security Package. My car has none of the above, wanted the Cold Weather but couldn't find a one year old car exactly like I wanted it and didn't want to wait longer.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
533 Posts
I have a pre-owned Premium optioned ATS. One of the options that was not included in my car (and truthfully I'm rather glad its not there) is the sun roof. Is that included on yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts