Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an interesting article in Grassroots motorsports mag....you can download this program http://www.dynolicious.com/

and record items such a 1/4 mile time...0-60 times...horsepower...G-forces in 360 degrees etc....works off the accelerometers in your ipod/phone....same principle as a G force pro....but it's a $13 download....check it out

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
DO A SEARCH :rant2:
haha
Yeah, guys were talking about this last summer. I was pissed, cuz I recently picked a blackberry over the iphone. :mad:

·
Registered
2006 SRX, 2006 CTS-V
38 Posts
There is also a free version called pocketdyno you can try first. I have the pocket dyno one but have yet to actually test it out.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
ive had this app since it came out.. it actually really works well

the only problem is you need something to firmly hold the phone in place so it wont miss read

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
ive had this app since it came out.. it actually really works well

the only problem is you need something to firmly hold the phone in place so it wont miss read
What kind of numbers does it give you? Have you had your car dyno'ed so you can compare the "real" numbers with the iphone numbers?

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Oh come on! I clicked on this thread thinking there is a program and hookup to the OBD port for real data logging...:banghead:

:thepan:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well screw you guys :histeric: it's not like I was reading a year old copy of the magazine left in some bathroom stall lol....it's a new issue so I thought it was new...:banghead:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
well screw you guys :histeric: it's not like I was reading a year old copy of the magazine left in some bathroom stall lol....it's a new issue so I thought it was new...:banghead:
Whoever wrote that article, must have gotten it from a bathroom stall :duck:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoever wrote that article, must have gotten it from a bathroom stall :duck:
ok that was witty...lol.......

so no one has used the program they downloaded? they said once you mount the phone right and zero it out it's actually not bad....and they were testing it against a traqmate

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
ok that was witty...lol.......

so no one has used the program they downloaded? they said once you mount the phone right and zero it out it's actually not bad....and they were testing it against a traqmate
lol

I guess it did pretty well. DEFF worth the 13 bucks. I would have bought the iphone just for that app.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
im gonna make a mount for mine.. next time i go to the track we can compare #'s

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol

I guess it did pretty well. DEFF worth the 13 bucks. I would have bought the iphone just for that app.
im gonna make a mount for mine.. next time i go to the track we can compare #'s
i was going to cut out a piece of hard foam...and and install in the center console....i think it will the best place....closest place to center line of car/gravity and would reduce a little of the "body roll" effect for lateral G's

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
yup thats what i was thinking as well. pick up some foam from home depot and go to town. should be fairly easy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts