Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Michael glad to see a forum for cadillac..... my car is a 2013 cts4 luxury with 3.0 I purchased this car knowing it had issues. So far a wheel bearing and a starter but I'm now seeing why the starter went bad. The car runs great when it starts if I turn the key too fast it just clicks like a dead battery but if I turn it to run wait like 2 seconds then crank it cranks fine but it's 50/50 on starting acts like no fuel but when it does start it runs with no issue..... My current thought is either fuel pump,fuel pump driver or ecm but all 3 of those are not cheap so I would like to narrow it down a bit. When it cranks without starting it throws all sorts of random codes mostly intake or fuel related

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I was having these issues, the first thing I would do have the battery checked, second have the alternator test. You can have this done at most part store. While I was there I would have the car scanned for codes.
Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
17,027 Posts
I checked battery and alternator but they both passed and as far as codes go I check them but nothing useful
Post your codes with their definitions--we may see something you don't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to wait on pulling codes just made a mess pulling fuel pump popped it open and the internal filter(that I can not find to buy a replacement) is definitely plugged it's got small holes where it was pulling through but that's it might be designed that way idk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK replaced fuel pump filter was plugged it runs much better at higher speeds drove to work to get issue to happen but current code is p062b. It only throws codes after extended cranking but if I take key out let it sit for like 40 seconds it will fire right up

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, PO62B should be internal injector control performance, so this is what I would do, 1st get a bottle of Cheveron Techron Complete Fule System Cleaner (in my opinion this is one of the few Cleaners that work, most are just snake oil), 2nd find someone who has a scanner that will monitor live fule trim (pretty good thread about scanners on the sight now, I would like a new one myself, sorry about the side track).
I wish I could help more, I don't know what else to recommend

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just filled up and added cleaner for that code but I don't think that's my starting issue the more I start the car the more It's looking to be computer related if I don't open driver door so car turns off all systems it will not start just crank but if I open door wait then it fires right up...so odd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I tried something a coworker told me to try and it works to start this car and that is to just keep door open and cycle ignition on a few times then crank it worked... he had something similar happen in his honda and it was a ground so that's my next thing to look at

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just replaced fuel pump (cut a hole) and that has made it more consistent at starting and running.. but as far as starting goes it feels like something to do with security kinda acts like chip in key might be an issue but idk I'm going to try my spare key this week and see how it goes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts