Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #1
Driving in drive, not sport mode, and all of a sudden a bunch of lights turn on, saying service ABS, service traction control E.T.C, tried pressing and holding the on/off stabiltrak button I guess its called, no luck.... sensor maybe? any advice much appreciated!

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Failing wheel hub or hubs.
Use a "better" code reader (one that reads more than just basic CEL codes) to find out which corner(s) needs replacement.

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna start with checking the fuses, I'll hopefully be able to get it to my mechanic soon to many issues

Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
The DTC's tell the whole story if you read them. If you don't have the necessary scan tools you should take it to someone who does. This will tell you what's wrong.

Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
Definitely sounds like a wheel bearing assembly (hub) or speed sensor - or both - in one or more wheels. If you have an OnStar subscription, call them and get the codes emailed to you. If you don't subscribe, get the codes pulled at an Autozone or a garage you trust. As suggested above, you can also get a better OBD code reader that reads ABS codes (the cheapies don't).

Registered
2013 CTS4 Premium-Sedan
Driving in drive, not sport mode, and all of a sudden a bunch of lights turn on, saying service ABS, service traction control E.T.C, tried pressing and holding the on/off stabiltrak button I guess its called, no luck.... sensor maybe? any advice much appreciated!
ck1:

As others have said, you need to take it to a caddy dealer or a first class auto service shop and get the fault codes read. When this happened to my cts4 last fall it went into "limp mode and all of the abs, awd, and stabilitrak lights lit; it turned out to be the throttle position sensor and was fairly inexpensive to fix. Best of luck on your repair.

-steve

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
My car has this issue right now and it is a rear right wheel hub.

These are a pain to replace yourself...

Rodney

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys car is with a local mechanic retired GM mechanic, hopefully he can get readings and fix this problem, personally I'm extremely disappointed with this car and Cadillac, I've owned only 3 cars all Caddys nothing but problems....

Super Moderator
2014 ELR
Just about any car on the road uses hubs like these. Some are actually harder to change than these. Any car you would be driving of the same age would require the same maintenance.

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
Thanks guys car is with a local mechanic retired GM mechanic, hopefully he can get readings and fix this problem, personally I'm extremely disappointed with this car and Cadillac, I've owned only 3 cars all Caddys nothing but problems....
2010 with 170,000 miles. Basically zero problems. No hub/wheels problems. Transmission replaced under warranty. Engine replaced because of stupidity. Zero issues.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Haven't had the CTS apart but most of my cars you can change the wheel sensor without changing the hub.
Most times it's tone ring degredation that is the fault for the codes.

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #14
2010 with 170,000 miles. Basically zero problems. No hub/wheels problems. Transmission replaced under warranty. Engine replaced because of stupidity. Zero issues.[/QUOTE

Tranny and engine replaced sounds pretty serious to me

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #15
Scanner tool read it was the left front sensor, ordered from Autozone hopefully will have it later in the evening and go from there, cheap part under 30 bucks.

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
It is NOT your sensor... It is the hub...

It comes up as a sensor but it is the hub...

You are wasting your time buying that sensor unless you end up with something like I did...

I pulled off the spindle on mine because I can bring it to work and use a 50 ton press to get it out.

You can see the salt on my spindle and the speed sensor is still in there. It is stuck in there well and I had to order a new one. This is the first time I have had a problem pulling the speed sensor out. I have had to do 2 hubs in my sedan when I had it.

You can see the brown magnetic piece that lines up with the speed sensor (The black thing that goes through the spindle with the wires sticking out the other side... NOT supposed to look like that... Mine is stuck in there and I will end up getting creative to get it out. ) And you can see the missing piece on mine. Get a mirror or remote camera and look behind your hub. You will see something similar. The ring is just glued on and the glue eventually fails. In this picture the speed sensor just happens to line up right where the one edge of the missing piece is. You can find no-name hubs on amazon for about $50. I bought 4 SKF hubs on Rock Auto on sale for under $50 apiece last summer. They are currently $137 apiece last time I looked. I still have 2 left prior to this failure.

Rodney

Attachments

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Rodney, this was the other thing that we figure it could be, the sensor is so cheap where going to give it a shot first then this will likely be next will see. We don't have a 50 ton press

Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
It is a tragedy to rot a decent car in the salty northeast conditions, to me it is one of the great compromises made to live in that area - a winter beater or destroy your "good" car. Of course here in the salt-free west we make other compromises.

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
Discussion Starter #19
Well it gets its share of undercarriage washing threw car washes this time of year, so visibly the car has minimal rust. I'm more concerned about all the ongoing problems with this car, large EVAP leak currently now, had to replace a vent valve solenoid, water leaking into both head lights, drivers side heated seat doesnt work, sun roof fell off the rack, not to bad of a fix but the rubber is cheap around it so I apply lithium grease to help it from rotting out, now this!

Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
I can not enlarge the picture BUT is that a crack in the Hub at the top bolt hole?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts