Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2009 CTS this week. Got home and the 12V accessory compartment on dash (push in and opens automatically) only operates intermittenly. I can hear a whirring sound when it is trying to open. Any one experience this or know the fix. My dealer is 150 miles away so can't just run in. I do have a call into them.
Thanks
Harmon

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
those are motorized now? I dont think mine is, I thought it was just spring loaded.

-Mark

·
Registered
2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2
340 Posts
Not motorized. I have the a similar ish. I have to gently push on the top to open it (after poking it to unlatch). Dealer claims they need to replace the door.:bigroll:

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
I did see this.......

TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 08-08-49-006

Date: March 03, 2008
Subject:
Front Floor Console Rear Ashtray/Bin Door May Not Close (Align Pivot Pins)

Models:
2008 Cadillac CTS

Condition

Some customers may comment that the front floor console rear ashtray/bin door may not close.

Cause

This condition may be caused by the rear ashtray/bin door becoming disengaged from the rear floor console housing tracks

Correction

Align the inner ashtray/bin pivot pins using the procedure below.
Important: Pull the console rear cover out just enough to access the four screws holding the ashtray/bin housing to the cover. The mode actuator cable should remain attached to the cover.

1. Remove the front floor console rear cover. Refer to Front Floor Console Rear Cover Replacement in SI.

2. Remove the four ashtray/bin screws from the rear cover.

3. Disconnect the outlet electrical connector and the harness retaining clip from the housing.

4. Remove the ashtray/bin assembly.

5. Reassemble the inner ashtray/bin door into the housing track guides and damper gear using the steps below:

1. Start by sliding the two lower metal pivot pins (1) on the ashtray/bin door into the track guides inside the housing. Then slide the upper two metal pins into the housing.

2. From the back side of the housing rotate the damper gear so the U-shaped guide aligns with the pivot pin on the back side of the inner ashtray/bin.

3. Push on the door to engage the pivot pin onto the damper gear guide while moving the door rearward.

6. Close the door.

7. Cycle the door three complete cycles.

8. Install the ashtray/bin assembly to the console rear cover with the four screws.

Tighten

The four ashtray/bin screws to 2.5 N.m (22 lb in).
9. Connect the outlet electrical connector and seat the harness retaining clip into the housing.

10. Install the front floor console rear cover.

11. Verify that the condition has been corrected.

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
Not motorized. I have the a similar ish. I have to gently push on the top to open it (after poking it to unlatch). Dealer claims they need to replace the door.:bigroll:
Oh, thats funny I have the same problem. I decided its not a big enough deal to me to have it fixed,

When he said he heard something whirring thats what made me think motorized.

-Mark

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Huh, I have that too. I thought it was supposed to be that way . . . add to the list for the next visit . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts