Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I own a cts 3.6 307 hp year of manufacture 2011. The car has already driven 124274 miles and since I could not sell it at a reasonable price and since it is in excellent condition I decided to keep it and renew several components in it. Here I turn to your advice.

The car drives great. Fuel consumption has risen a bit and it is possible that the acceleration has also weakened a bit. I'm thinking of replacing all the plugs. Should the coil also be replaced?

What do you recommend me to renew in addition?

Another question is as follows: The handbrake constantly signals to me as if it is pressed. I need to touch it lightly to stop the alert / pool the hand realise again and again.... There is no lack of oil and this is a mechanical problem in the manual release mechanism of the brake. What part do you think I should replace? Is this a "micro switch"?
Thank you so much everyone.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 & 2022 CT5-V (ordered)
3,625 Posts
When I hear about weakened acceleration, I worry about worn timing chains. Have yours been replaced?

New plugs is also a good idea but the coils shouldn't be a problem - no need to replace them unless you feel that they're misfiring.

Oh - and welcome to the forum. From where do you hail?

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
15,698 Posts
Greetings. I own a cts 3.6 307 hp year of manufacture 2011. The car has already driven 124274 miles and since I could not sell it at a reasonable price and since it is in excellent condition I decided to keep it and renew several components in it. Here I turn to your advice.

The car drives great. Fuel consumption has risen a bit and it is possible that the acceleration has also weakened a bit. I'm thinking of replacing all the plugs. Should the coil also be replaced?

What do you recommend me to renew in addition?

Another question is as follows: The handbrake constantly signals to me as if it is pressed. I need to touch it lightly to stop the alert / pool the hand realise again and again.... There is no lack of oil and this is a mechanical problem in the manual release mechanism of the brake. What part do you think I should replace? Is this a "micro switch"?
Thank you so much everyone.
Your duplicate thread in the Performance Mods section has been deleted. Please allow one thread to work for you.

I concur with the information supplied by NorthernSRX.
As far as the brake issue, check the sensor located behind the brake pedal as it is known to become sluggish to return to its proper location (sticks in the depressed position).

Welcome to Cadillac Forums!

·
Registered
96 FWB
3,569 Posts
You can search for sites as this and check experience with yours against their scorecards:

Reactions: idanabuhav

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I hear about weakened acceleration, I worry about worn timing chains. Have yours been replaced?

New plugs is also a good idea but the coils shouldn't be a problem - no need to replace them unless you feel that they're misfiring.

Oh - and welcome to the forum. From where do you hail?
Hi and thank you . i will ask my mechanic to check the timing chain eventhough i thougt there aren't any in this car.

i'm from israel

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
15,698 Posts
Hi and thank you . i will ask my mechanic to check the timing chain eventhough i thougt there aren't any in this car.

i'm from israel
There are actually 3 timing chains, but they can't be checked without disassembling a portion of the engine.
Bicycle part Font Gear Auto part Automotive tire

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS VSport
2,748 Posts
The ECM knows the relationship between cams and crank. However, if the tech merely follows the pass/fail criteria set by GM intended to protect them from warranty claims, you'll gain no information from them telling you "it passed". The information is there, for the technically-minded, as an available adjustment range of the cam actuators. Which is a number, not pass/fail.

Just based on mileage, you're close to needing timing chains and unfortunately it is labor intensive. One symptom is hesitation at throttle tip in, another is slight rattling at high RPM with a third being occasional severe rattling at startup. If you let it go long enough, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will light, but that is only when it gets really bad as mentioned.

Spark plugs are cheap and easy, of course replace those if you don't know when they've last been done.

Reactions: idanabuhav

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS VSport
2,748 Posts
No matter which country you go to, you'll always be correct when you say "The women are beautiful."

·
Registered
96 FWB
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
3,569 Posts
I know what someone's wife is going as next Halloween.

·
Registered
2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon*Luxury-2016 CTS V-Sport Premium
3,369 Posts
I think it was more a positive comment on your armed beautiful women than their actual firearm...

Bill

·
Registered
96 FWB
3,569 Posts
Yeah. Even if not in uniform even more-so shooting one:

Plant People in nature Leaf Flash photography Natural landscape

·
Registered
2011 CTS coupe 1989 Allante
4,914 Posts
Years ago was living in Texas. Neighbor kik got to plinking away with a 22 early in the day. Working nights (when it did not matter if I crashed the mainframe) this was annoying. I asked nicely if he could practice afternoon. Got usual teenage answer. Went inside and brought out a few milk jugs of water and my 44 mag wheel gun. Blew a few away. Open frame sounded like a howitzer. No more early morning plinking.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts