Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty confused after reading the thread by 04ctsvfla...
he never started the thread '.....'
in a seperate thread when csp3000 said "
Re: ....
Hmmm, I ask a simple question about heads and cams and it leads to banishment and 5 pages of "
that is exactly the point... 04ctsvfla didn't do anything wrong but aim CSP3000 in the right direction toward more technical help.
move this thread if you want but Im not jumping on the wagon and bashin him for suggesting another forum...
urbanski- you think its fair he now has to go threw you to post??? you know how the threads were changed, deleted, edited....
please dont ban me too Im just saying a helpful member was banned for something so stupid...pick your battles :tisk:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
I must say as a noob to the site and to LS engines I am frustrated as well. If you post as a noob over there your posts arn't replied to. And here I can't seem to get anyone to answer a tech related thread. Head studs or bolts question for example. No one has answered the question. The V is such a niche ride that people over at LS1 tech seem to stay away from Cadi specific questions like mine. I don't really think he was out of line with what he posted.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
It's not the post you seem to be focused on that got him in trouble. We can reference that forum here, no problem with that. Trust us, he's been borderline for some time now.

type911, my experience is that if the people who know are here to read your question, you'll get the answer. I read it, had nothing for you, and moved on. Check how many views you've had; if there were answers you'd have gotten some.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
...my experience is that if the people who know are here to read your question, you'll get the answer. I read it, had nothing for you, and moved on. Check how many views you've had; if there were answers you'd have gotten some.
That may be the point 04CTSVFLA was trying to make.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read it, had nothing for you, and moved on. Check how many views you've had; if there were answers you'd have gotten some.
yea..its nice when ppl only post when they have something helpful to add....
nikon could have done the same...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,042 Posts
I must say as a noob to the site and to LS engines I am frustrated as well. If you post as a noob over there your posts arn't replied to. And here I can't seem to get anyone to answer a tech related thread. Head studs or bolts question for example. No one has answered the question. The V is such a niche ride that people over at LS1 tech seem to stay away from Cadi specific questions like mine. I don't really think he was out of line with what he posted.
I'd say that the vast majorty of the members here have not pulled the heads on their car. I'll also go out on a limb and say a lesser majority have never pulled the heads on ANY car.

That said, since it sounds like you are going to pull the heads, buy some ARP studs, see if you can get clearance and let us know.

Or try this if you don't want to risk the scratch. Find the lenght of the studs. Get some wooden dowels from Lowes. Cut to length and test fit.

Otherwise, don't be such a pu$$.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
One thing to remember about this site versus LS1tech is the average age of the poster. A large majority of those guys are younger and spend way more time on Internet forums, while most of the folks here work full-time and have families to take care of at night. For this reason, it may take a few days for the information you need to be posted by someone who knows the answer. This is a small forum, and there's no red phone in Comissioner Gordon's office that rings when someone posts a technical question.

Additionally, the average F-Body owner has completely different expectations for sound, driveability and life expectancy out of a motor than a Cadillac owner, so their recommendations for cam and heads may not match our needs at all (not to mention the fact that none of them are under warranty, so there's no concern about that either).

This forum is a great repository of knowledge related to the CTS-V in particular. The fact that we all like to rag on each other and post goofy answers and pictures makes it a fun place to be. If you want guesses on cam specs from someone who has never even seen a CTS-V in person, then by all means grow a mullet and start hanging out at LS1tech.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
565 Posts
I like this Forum alot because of the difference in age and maturity level. Hence why I would rather post here. I also like wrenching on my own cars vs having someone else do it. One of the responses I recieved was to buy the studs and let you all know if they fit. I may do just that.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
yea..its nice when ppl only post when they have something helpful to add....
nikon could have done the same...

ugh, maybe next time I'll make it more clear that it was a joke by putting [sarcasm] or [joke] thingy's around what I say....lighten up holmesmmmm

either way tony's right I have the most fun on this forum than I do any other forum...and as far as getting answers on LS1tech...good luck, theres barely any traffic there especially on the V forum....and theres only a handful of guys over there that could help for technical q's that are in depth...wait4me (jesse bubb) and 2c5s (10secvette)....actually those are the only two that I know of that are doing any real work themselves to the V...and they're so far from stock it's not even funny.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know it was a joke.. im just sticking up for him bc i believe the situation snowballed. i too choose this forum over ls1 tech, but its only a forum..why ban ppl for something so stupid...if you dont like his posts - dont pay atention to them...simple

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
... then by all means grow a mullet and start hanging out at LS1tech.
You guys are too funny! Tony, Silver, ... :histeric:

I agree. I've rebuilt a few engines (did the valve job myself, honed cylinders myself, etc), but that was years ago when I had the facilities to undertake that kind of thing. The guys on LS1tech seem far less disposed to providing knowledge to anyone they perceive as learning at a level far below them. Not flaming them at all, it's just a fact. C'mon, the guys here are Cadillac owners and many post up to find a good shop to check the oil level ... well, maybe not quite that bad.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
LS1tech forums LS1tech forums .......

LS1tech forums
LS1tech forums - Hmm I don't seemed to be getting banned for mentioning
LS1tech forums. Wait maybe I did it wrong.

Go read over at LS1tech forums, they have cool info on our cars by people that really work on them. (Ok that's somewhat B.S. because if one reads the threads here you can see some forum members do wrench their cars).

Just as an FYI, urbi didn't outright ban him, he set his posts to be moderated, which means they will be reviewed by a Mod to make sure his not posting more trash before they make it to the thread. Now why could that possibly be ? Perhaps if one were to go back and review all of his posts one might start to see a trend, not just a single incident from yesterday. Second even if you're pissed at the action of a Mod or Admin you don't act like a teenager, violate more forum rules by making a second account with a name trashing a Mod or Admin of the forum and start posting crap about them. That's not they way things are supposed to be handled, at least by adults. urbi has people here he has to answer to as well, and if you feel he's being unfair then address the issue to his boss to be looked at. What does one think would happen in the work place if your supervisor did something you didn't like and you start running around the office screaming and calling them names vs taking the issue to their boss ? You would be disciplined and/or fired.

I don't really wrench my car, only very minor preventative maintenence items. But I still read threads to learn and see what others do and go through. If you don't get an answer right away to a question it may be because no one has an answer or possibly didn't get seen by certain eyes when they were looking at the forum. Try bumping it a couple of times and like others mentioned pay attention to the number of views it has to see if it's getting eye traffic. :)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.