Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time using the 110v outlet on my 2018 Escalade that’s located on the Bottom of the center console. I plugged in the new Xbox series s for a road trip and it would turn on but after like 3 seconds it would shut off and would not power anything up anymore. I tried a cell phone charger and it wouldn’t work either. Tried different devices and only the little green light on the outlet would be green but nothing would power up. Can it be a faulty outlet / inverter ?

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did you try checking the fuse to see if it popped from the XBOX powering up? That system shouldn't draw that much power to overload the plug, but worth a shot looking at that before looking at more costly repairs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I hooked up a home fan and it worked fine. Even at full speed setting it never turned off. Funny that the Xbox worked after a couple of attempts and like 20 minutes of driving. But after we shut the car off and then got back later to drive the Xbox would power on then shut off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did a quick search, https://energyusecalculator.com/electricity_gameconsole.htm

The Series S should max out at 100W and the plug is supposed to handle up to 150W.

ConsoleWatts
PS550-220*
Xbox Series X45-220*
Xbox Series S25-100
Nintendo Switch10-18
PS4 Pro75-160*
PS4 Slim55-110
PS490-150
Xbox One X65-180*
Xbox One S35-90
Xbox One70-120
Wii U35
PS3 Slim85
PS3 Original190
Xbox 360 S90
Xbox 360 Original180
Wii40
Playstation Classic2.3-2.5
NES Classic Edition2.3-2.5
SNES Classic Edition2.3-2.5
*Potential to use more energy in the future with newer more demanding games.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See it’s not even that strong. It is the smaller less powerful Xbox. I’m going to try it again since the fan didn’t seem to have any issue. Otherwise I’ll have to take it in to the dealership to have them check it out since I’m still under warranty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts