Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe Performance 6MT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the power outlet plug in the rear center console? It stopped working the other day and it hasn't reset since. I tried checking the fuse CB1, retained accessory power but it didn't look blown. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,816 Posts
The fuse you are looking for is fuse 4 in the rear compartment fuse block (on the driver's side in the trunk), it supplies power to the AC inverter. The inverter itself is self protecting and trips offline under overload and comes back up when the load is removed so if fuse 4 itself is open there is a good chance that the inverter has failed.

CB1 is a self resetting circuit breaker which will trip on a sustained minor overload or immediately with a severe overload and protects the 12V and USB outlets. It will reset when power is cycled for a trip due to high peak current or after it cools (up to a minute) if it trips for a sustained moderate overload. If RAP is working (i.e. radio stays on after ignition off but before door is opened) then CB1 hasn't tripped.

Rodger

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe Performance 6MT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse you are looking for is fuse 4 in the rear compartment fuse block (on the driver's side in the trunk), it supplies power to the AC inverter. The inverter itself is self protecting and trips offline under overload and comes back up when the load is removed so if fuse 4 itself is open there is a good chance that the inverter has failed.

CB1 is a self resetting circuit breaker which will trip on a sustained minor overload or immediately with a severe overload and protects the 12V and USB outlets. It will reset when power is cycled for a trip due to high peak current or after it cools (up to a minute) if it trips for a sustained moderate overload. If RAP is working (i.e. radio stays on after ignition off but before door is opened) then CB1 hasn't tripped.

Rodger
Thanks for all the info, I'll take a look at the trunk fuse box. Another feature I can't live without when I get another vehicle.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,546 Posts
Thanks for all the info, I'll take a look at the trunk fuse box. Another feature I can't live without when I get another vehicle.
I was disappointed to read the operators manual for my 2013 had it but the car didn't. Not sure what happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts