Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Platinum Escalade at the end of January and it is still at status code 1100 "preliminary order accepted" with no schedule of when it might be built.
I knew they were behind on orders, but surely someone should know if or when an order is estimated to be built...
Pretty frustrating!
I am wondering if the order will be cancelled so they can switch to building 2016 models. I was told 2015 production stops on July 17th.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well after a lot of pressure, the dealer finally confessed that they have not had any allocations for Platinums so the order is just sitting at 1100 in purgatory.
Sounds like it will never be built.
I guess I will go buy something else.
Cadillac, you not only lost an order. you lost a customer for life. bad way to handle orders. if you can't build them, be honest and don't accept the order.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
well after a lot of pressure, the dealer finally confessed that they have not had any allocations for Platinums so the order is just sitting at 1100 in purgatory.
Sounds like it will never be built.
I guess I will go buy something else.
Cadillac, you not only lost an order. you lost a customer for life. bad way to handle orders. if you can't build them, be honest and don't accept the order.
Why not just try a different dealer? Easy solution! Do you want me to help you locate one?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Clifford X said:
well after a lot of pressure, the dealer finally confessed that they have not had any allocations for Platinums so the order is just sitting at 1100 in purgatory. Sounds like it will never be built. I guess I will go buy something else. Cadillac, you not only lost an order. you lost a customer for life. bad way to handle orders. if you can't build them, be honest and don't accept the order.
What color platinum? My dealer has a white one.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to wait another 12 weeks.
I have found several very nice Land Rovers in stock that I can choose from. supercharged 500+HP, long wheel base, all the goodies... and in stock.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I don't want to wait another 12 weeks.
I have found several very nice Land Rovers in stock that I can choose from. supercharged 500+HP, long wheel base, all the goodies... and in stock.
I can help you find one on the ground in stock at a dealer near you. Let me know.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Yeah, 2000 miles away. And since this black one popped up only an hour away I jumped on it.
Thanks again.
Congrats! Post pics when you get it. It's funny, I couldn't find any in Oregon at all during my search. They must have tagged it as sold in their system for someone else and the deal fell through. The only way I can't see a GM vehicle in the system is if it's a pre-sold unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts