Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Cpe (Blk), '67 Olds 442 'vert, '02 Olds Aurora
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm: Hey Guy's, Haven't had the "V" out for a month or so and look what happens. I guess I need to drive it more. Went to the bank the other day (drive thru) as I was trying to line up for the money machine I felt some resistance in my left front end. I immediately stopped and backed up. After I got home and inspected the area I found some curb rash on my left front wheel. Agh!!!!!!!!. About a couple of inches. My question has anyone repaired any curb rash on these wheels? Need Help.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)
1,959 Posts
I'd call you a lazy ass for going through the drive thru, but apparently you're 70 years old, so I won't. Repair will be pretty expensive since the paint isn't available, it needs to be custom mixed. If it's not too bad, you can try some different black touch up paints and see what matches closest.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Sharpie pen. Know it, use it, love it. I did. It actually works as a stopgap.

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
I used universal flat black paint that I got at Autozone auto parts and it matches perfectly, it's in the automotive paint section and in a small bottle with a brush. I think Advance auto parts sells the same stuff too. I curbed mine driving the car off the dealer lot the day I bought the car, I had not been behind the wheel for 10 seconds, lol.. What a way to break in the new car. I was so use to driving my truck which has rear wheels that don't stick out as far I miss judged it and took the curb too close and scraped the pass side rear wheel, luckly was not too bad.

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Cpe (Blk), '67 Olds 442 'vert, '02 Olds Aurora
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW! I thought that was what old farts did was use the drive thru. Believe me no more drive thru in the V. Same thing with me and the truck. That is my daily driver. I will try the sharpie pen and see how that works. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
WOW! I thought that was what old farts did was use the drive thru. Believe me no more drive thru in the V. Same thing with me and the truck. That is my daily driver. I will try the sharpie pen and see how that works. Thanks for all your input.
Don't worry, there's lot's of us old farts here, for the most part we are the only ones who can afford the V's :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts