Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this weekend my HS reunion is coming up. Not sure I wanna go to it. I'm bound to settle some old scores but not sure yet. Depends how those jerks try to treat me now. My BS fuse is very short now.Seen many things since HS to get a knuckle sandwich or the cold truth from me now.I do want to see some old friends. I'm sure this is gonna be one of them "Who got the most crap" reunion. Should I go or catch up from one of my friends who is going?

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Mad'lac said:
Ok this weekend my HS reunion is coming up. Not sure I wanna go to it. I'm bound to settle some old scores but not sure yet. Depends how those jerks try to treat me now. My BS fuse is very short now.Seen many things since HS to get a knuckle sandwich or the cold truth from me now.I do want to see some old friends. I'm sure this is gonna be one of them "Who got the most crap" reunion. Should I go or catch up from one of my friends who is going?
I went to my 10th and decided to skip the 20th. The only cool person who attended, was the only person I was/am still friends with. 90% of the rest I didn't even recognize.

I'd go and have fun and remember you don't need to impress anyone, except yourself.

S

·
0 Posts
My 10th was last year and I went to Japan so I couldn't have gone even if I had wanted to. I know what you mean about the BS meter really getting smaller over the years. There isn't anyone that I really would like to see from my high school times so just like the senior prom I skipped, I think I will never attend a HS reunion.

But, it would be fun to show people that I am successful and I got the **** out of that tiny town and made something of my life. I an not as famous as the guy in my homeroom for three years who makes movies in Hollywood now (star of The Good Guy and was in Road Trip), but I get to be in a Japanese television show this week as an American soldier.

Don't worry, I won't forget about all you little people. :nyanya:

·
Registered
329 Posts
scourge said:
I an not as famous as the guy in my homeroom for three years who makes movies in Hollywood now (star of The Good Guy and was in Road Trip),
are you talking about DJ Qualls? http://us.imdb.com/Name?Qualls,DJ
I think you meant "The New Guy", but that's cool. I don't recall anyone from my high school ever getting famous.

My 10 year reunion will be coming up in 3 years. I'm interested in seeing how all the preppies are doing now, and shoving my Caddy IN THEIR FACE :mad: :devillaug :nyanya: :rofl:

S

·
0 Posts
shaggygrosser said:
are you talking about DJ Qualls?

Yeah. We both had the same homeroom for 3 years in highschool. His dad works with my dad at the same place for as long as I can remember. He was given a lot of shit in high school for being so scrawny and even was accused of being gay. He might be gay, but he is a fairly wealthy gay man and I have never seen anything wrong with having money. :thumbsup:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I skipped mine a few years ago. I figured if I really wanted to talk to any of those people, I would have. My wife and I were going out in High School, and I really didnt want to deal with the "how cute" comments. Plus, over the years I've had at least 5 of the "cool" crowd ask me for a job, and I was tired of being nice.

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
Go and have a good time like it or not. I almost skipped mine, and I'm glad I went. That was 15 years ago. Its time for my 25th Reunion, but nobody wants to put forth the effort to put it together. I volunteered, but have not gotten the class list from the class president yet. Looks like we might have to wait til the 30th to get together. You can always leave if its not for you.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
scourge said:
My 10th was last year and I went to Japan so I couldn't have gone even if I had wanted to. I know what you mean about the BS meter really getting smaller over the years. There isn't anyone that I really would like to see from my high school times so just like the senior prom I skipped, I think I will never attend a HS reunion.

But, it would be fun to show people that I am successful and I got the **** out of that tiny town and made something of my life. I an not as famous as the guy in my homeroom for three years who makes movies in Hollywood now (star of The Good Guy and was in Road Trip), but I get to be in a Japanese television show this week as an American soldier.

Don't worry, I won't forget about all you little people. :nyanya:
Yeah, he's so famous you can't even remember his name :rolleyes:

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
I dropped outta school so no one would like to see me most likely at my reunion. LOL!
If I had a chance to go...nah I wouldn't. Not my style. Go & see how everyone is...what for? Do they really care how you are? Just my 2 pennies!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I think it would be kinda fun to go see all your old "friends"...... Moreso just to see how they have changed over the years......But, its your call, and if you think it would be a waste, then dont bother, and hang out here on the forums!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Katshot said:
Yeah, he's so famous you can't even remember his name :rolleyes:

I know his name. I just didn't want ot be a name dropper. BTW, his dad's name is Donnie.:wave:

·
Registered
2001 DTS
186 Posts
I went to my 10th year reunion (1986) sort of by accident was just passing through town on my way to Florida. It was a blast we had 700 graduate in 76. All the jocks with beer bellys and no hair lol. And the hot women for the most part had faded some what. The ones that surprise you are the wall flowers that have blossomed. I had 6 women come up to me and tell me they had a crush on me in High School, I told them a little late now lol. At my 20th I was voted least changed. Now that was funny in school I was 5'10" 160 lbs. Now 6'1" 205lbs.
What surprised me the most is the people that still live there for the most part don't go. The people that have moved come back to see everybody. By the 25th nobody cares how successful you are they just want to know that you are doing OK.
The other part that surprised me was I had the most inquires into if I was coming to the reunion. Never knew I was that popular.
My vote would be go have fun and don't be a *******. Life is to short and what goes around comes around. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Ill never got to mine .....I hated those years with a passion , ive only stayed in contact with 2 people i went with over the past 6 years ...

If i ever go to one ill be there to kick maximum ass (figuratively and litterally)

So if you do go i suggest the same

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
My 35th is coming up next year! Where the hell did the time go? I haven't been to any, though I'm invited every five years. I might go next time just to see what I've been missing. :rolleyes2

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I think they should wait to have reunions until the 25th.

At 10 and 15 there are too many people who still think they're in high school, and they expect you to act the same.

At 20 it seemed like a lot of people were trying to show off and impress each other with how much money or power they had.

Not sure if I'm going to even bother with 25. That will be in 2007.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I went to my 30th this year and it was a disappointment. A bunch of people who you're supposed to know, but don't. There were only two folks there that I hung out with in high school. Two funny items, though:

- I saw a couple get out of a vette in the parking lot and talked to them about their car. From what he said, I knew he was older than I was and from the next town. The woman I didn't recognize at all. I figured they were members of the yacht club where the reunion was being held. Later, I saw them at the reunion and asked someone who they were. He laughed and said no wonder I didn't recognize her. Apparently this latest husband bought her a set of DDs!

- One of the more successful members of our class was named by President Bush as the U.S. Attorney for a certain western state. My buddy commented "I wonder if there is a market now for pictures of the U.S. Attorney streaking while in high school?"

·
32V Northstar
2,355 Posts
I start high school on the 1st so I have no clue as to what a reunion would be like yet. I plan on goin to them though I think its always fun to see people change over the years. Elvis, I graduate the year of your 25th year reuinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts