Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 2005 SRX and took delivery on December 31, 2004. Black Betty is V8, AWD, Luxury Performance Package with every option available. Being 10 years old and having put our Family Truckster through the paces (fully loaded thru the Cross-Bronx, fully loaded climbing mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont) she had seen better days. I got approved for a new car and started looking at the CTS and CTS-wagon, with the 3.6 in it but just didn't love anything. I decided to put money into Betty and bring her back to her glory. Well, she just spent 2 weeks at the dealer and $6k later, she is feeling much better. The computer needed 2 updates (she runs like a TOP now!), all new brake pads and rotors (opted for some really nice EBC's thru AutoAnything, dimpled and slotted), new Mag-Ride rear struts, new headlights (opted for non-HID this time), and fixed broken motor mounts. They did see some sort of oil leak that they changed the oil and put dye in, so I will go back and see if they can find the leak, plus I need to do the front Mag-rides (but they aren't blown). She is pretty much back to her old self and riding like a Cadillac! I am quite positive that if I hadn't opted for the Northstar when buying her, the V6 would be dead after the abuse this car has taken. She is such a solid-constructed car with the best engine that (was) out there. SO HAPPY TO HAVE HER BACK!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much, I believe she has a lot of life left in her. Forgot to mention serpentine belts replaced as well. She just needed a little love!

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
687 Posts
It's a great concept. Some detail issues of course but those aren't terribly expensive to deal with.
GM really screwed up when they made the next gen a 2 row only.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Great car. My 04 srx had 165k miles when it got totaled in 2012. I did move on to a 2012 cts and it's already up over 600 miles in 3 years. I do miss my old Northstar but absolutely o complaints about the cts. Also have an 04 cts that is at 170k miles and is still an absolute beast. These cars are incredible

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not my first love car... my very first car was a 1986 Cadillac Cimarron (glorified Cavalier, LOL) - wrecked that, got a 1985 Camaro 305-HO, did lots of smoke shows with that, then got the Caddy that zigs! The Catera - that was my first love car! but the 3rd Caddy was a charm, Black Betty (bam-a-lam) my 2005 SRX. We immediately ripped out the 3rd row seating to put stereo in and have an awesome Caddy Car Seat in our family room. Only complaint about the her now would be the UltraView sunroof just doesn't work, I've had the dealer work on it so many times, arms replaced, etc. but not going to do that anymore, it's just a fixed piece of glass now :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts