Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else sells an idler pulley and whatever else is needed for the 10inch pulley? My installer has been "waiting 4" one so he can get my car in and do all my upgrades. I need one asap, so if anyone knows or has them that I can pass this info on to the installer Andy of ADM Performance in Lewisville, this would be extremely helpful. We just dont want to have to "wait4it" any longer, or any other parts I have been "waiting4".:yawn:

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I just sent mine back today. I only want the 9", so I didn't need the idler pulley any more. It should be there Monday, or Tuesday at the latest then.

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
Why are you guys not using them? Is there an issue using them? I have the 9.5 and love it. I was thinking of going with the 10"?

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Who else sells an idler pulley and whatever else is needed for the 10inch pulley? My installer has been "waiting 4" one so he can get my car in and do all my upgrades. I need one asap, so if anyone knows or has them that I can pass this info on to the installer Andy of ADM Performance in Lewisville, this would be extremely helpful. We just dont want to have to "wait4it" any longer, or any other parts I have been "waiting4".:yawn:
The idler pulley you use on a 10" is the same you use on a 9.5. YOu have to relocate it. The only person that sells the relocation bracket right now is Jesse. Talk to Mike at G-force. He was going to sell me his 10" set up. He has the bracket. It's just a piece of alumn or steel (can't remember) with some extra holes drilled to move the pulley.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
??? who is it waiting for one? I have those in stock and dont have any list for people wanting them??? All where shipped out the day they wanted them?

Call today and it will ship out today.

The stuff i was waiting on was a 9.5 pulleys. Nothing to do with 10inch.... ????

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Baabootoo just wanted to go from a 9.5 to a 9 inch kit. Not from a 10 to a 9.

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
??? who is it waiting for one? I have those in stock and dont have any list for people wanting them??? All where shipped out the day they wanted them?

Call today and it will ship out today.

The stuff i was waiting on was a 9.5 pulleys. Nothing to do with 10inch.... ????
Jesse this was Andy Mages of ADM Performance. I have been waiting on him to get all the parts in before he starts on my build. I stopped by yesterday to see why hasnt he called me to drop my car off since this week was scheduled. He stated that he was waiting on you, because as far as he knew you were the only one that made the bracket and you were either not answering or didn't have any(and I'm almost positive he said you didn't have any). I don't want to get into the shop owners parts wars or anything like that. I am just the customer of both of you guys, that just wants more performance parts added to my car.

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
How many guys run the 10" what have you guys seen for gains or seat of the pants feel from a 9.5 to the 10"??

·
Registered
1958 Coupe DeVille
591 Posts
Why are you guys not using them? Is there an issue using them? I have the 9.5 and love it. I was thinking of going with the 10"?
I would stay with your 9.5. I was using to the 10 but the engine would die on me when I got on it at about 40 mph. Either to lack of fuel or knock. Jesse thought it might be the MAP being dirty, but I cleaned it, and still had problems. I think to go to a 10, you need a tuner to dial it in. I live on the west coast and Jesse has to mail all my tunes. My 9.5 works great. This is in no way a slam on Jesse. When your tune is not in the shop, it makes it difficult to get it precise. Cecil.........

·
Registered
2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros
651 Posts
There are many people on this forum that are very happy using 10" lower (including me) with zero problems. Yes the car needs to be tuned and you may need larger injectors, which of course depends on hp.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
There are many people on this forum that are very happy using 10" lower (including me) with zero problems. Yes the car needs to be tuned and you may need larger injectors, which of course depends on hp.
+1. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
279 Posts
I'm thinking I need the 10" ring.....with some 65lbs injectors.

·
Registered
09 CTS V
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I may never know, all I know is that all my other parts were there minus that piece, so I don't know who to blame not that it matters at all. I just wanted the part so the build could get done,no matter who makes it, which what led me to write the post.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts