Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It started but it was running rough.
Oh Oh! I thought.

I filled it up with gas and a bottle of heet and it runs fine.
A little frozen gas was the problem.
Probably some water in there.
Gas companies add water to the gas to make more money.
When it gets cold out we pay for it.
Pat

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
40 degrees or more for me in the garage and 6 degrees outside :D

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
My garage got down to 30 this am. that means 5 outside.

One nice benefit to this cold dry weather is performance. A 4-cyl. with a CAI really starts to kick ass when it gets like this. It feels like I got about a 20 lb. boost in torque overnight.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Elvis said:
My garage got down to 30 this am. that means 5 outside.

One nice benefit to this cold dry weather is performance. A 4-cyl. with a CAI really starts to kick ass when it gets like this. It feels like I got about a 20 lb. boost in torque overnight.
I need to figure out a cold air system for my car, Right now its just sucking hot under hood air in there, mabey ill try a one like this:

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I like that double intake look there!!!Who makes that kit and what engine is it for Dead?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Apparently a lot of riceboys have made their own CAI's out of parts you can get at Home Depot for under $25.

On a Caddy I would think that it would be easy since you have so much room to work with, particularly on a '77. It might be fun just to try a few ideas out.

OTOH, the Caddy's stock intake system isn't all that restrictive, as I recall. Simply introducing cold air might not make that much difference for you. On a Honda like mine, the stock intake was a maze of resonators and twists and turns before the air finally made it to the throttle body--so my benefit was free-flowing, in addition to colder air..

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
lost of room under the hood but none in front of the car (Big radiator, big battery) not very many good places to run the hose

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,731 Posts
Do what I did on my 79 SDV! Stick the battery in the trunk with one of the kits Summit Racing sells!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
caddydaddy said:
Do what I did on my 79 SDV! Stick the battery in the trunk with one of the kits Summit Racing sells!
I don't have a trunk. lol :D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Katshot said:
To be honest, on a lot of those older cars with carbs and/or centrally mounted TBI units, it might be easier to do a cowl induction system.
I've thought about doing that like in nascar

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hey katshot!

I just thought I'd give you a weather report! S'posed to rain today but it doesn't look like it's gonna, Mid 60's temps, Partly sunny Tue. through Thurs. Temps in the mid 60's.......:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts