Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d share my impressions from my first 16 hours with the car. Overall I really like it, but the below notes are differences from expectations.

Exterior

• charger door jitter: either not bad in person or new doors don’t jitter as much. Definitely jumps open but not so much of a pronounced bounciness as some videos.
  • Panel a the panel next to the charge door isn’t really flush, not sure how concerned I should be. Tbh I don’t care that much but maybe I’m missing some issue
  • Windshield: dealer inspection found a scratch on the windshield. I wouldn’t have noticed it. They are ordering a replacement windshield
  • Wheels: really wanted the 22”s but the 20”s are still nice. If anyone wants a silver DE for cost PM me by 7pm today. It is at the dealership now and you can buy it from me if you give me the 22”s. Otherwise I am forfeiting my car to the dealer for them to do as they please, since my dad backed out.
Interior

• Click dial: the turn dial thing in the center console is disappointing from a tactile perspective. When you select something on the menu with it, it feels cheap/hollow(idk how to describe it)
  • Car seats: not as spacious as I’d hope, but better than my cx5
  • Car seat anchors: I think this would bother folks with wider hips. Not a big deal for us because the back seats won’t usually be used for adults.
  • Blue mats are black in the drawer and storage area for stelae black DEs. I didn’t know this. I’m good with that
Drive
  • acceleration- I’ve never driven an EV but the acceleration is nice. Not in the way I imagined, but still nice.
  • One pedal drive: still getting used to it, but I miss relaxing my foot for a second when I’m coasting
  • Reverse, auto park: not the biggest fan of the way the cameras display, I prefer birds-eye views but maybe I will get used to this
Tech

• onboarding: pretty rough. I think this mostly had to do with the dealer not entering the correct email. But setting my account up in the car took over an hour.
  • Bugs: a few minor bugs. Mostly UI. Most people would not really notice. This is as expected, hoping the driving tech is tested a bit more robustly though.
  • Sharing the car with the myCadillac app is still not working for my wife. Not a big deal though
  • Really wish you could set the temp from the myCadillac app

I didn’t really call out all the things I like, because most of it has been stated in reviews. But overall I’m happy and loving the car.

I may add a matte PPF and chrome delete.

Sorry for the poor notes but wanted to share my impressions with the group, as I’ve gotten a lot from this forum(mostly emotional support 😂) over the past 1.5 year(even before I joined lol).

Feel free to ask about any note, I will try to add pics later.

· Registered
6 Posts
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to PM someone on here, but I'd quite possibly be interested. I have a May 2022 order but with all the pricing changes going on (and very poor comms from my dealer) I'm worried about it. Also, I won't qualify for the credit so waiting has no benefit in that regard for me. I'm in the DMV area.

· Registered
2020 XT4 and 2020 C8 Corvette
1,579 Posts
To PM, hover over the user name, then select Message in the popup.

· Registered
213 Posts
  • Wheels: really wanted the 22”s but the 20”s are still nice. If anyone wants a silver DE for cost PM me by 7pm today. It is at the dealership now and you can buy it from me if you give me the 22”s. Otherwise I am forfeiting my car to the dealer for them to do as they please, since my dad backed out.
Dang, I'd do this. I don't want the 22"

So... there's no way to adjust regen on the Lyriq? That would allow you to coast a little more.

· Registered
154 Posts
One consistent comment from multiple owners/reviewers seems to be about the flimsy crystal control wheel. Having tried it in car show Lyriq, I have to agree it doesn't feel good, certainly not as good as the control wheel in my Mazda. It’s the only miss in an otherwise great interior design.

· Registered
2019 Volt, 2014 ELR
344 Posts
What exactly is flimsy about it? No one is descriptive enough. Is it to light feeling? Is it too easy to move? Do you expect to have some tactile feel to push against you when you move the wheel to select things? Is it too cold to the touch?

· Registered
2016 ELR
1,792 Posts
So... there's no way to adjust regen on the Lyriq? That would allow you to coast a little more.
There is off, on, and high for one pedal driving. And then the variable paddle for regen also. What was your question / comment in regard to?

I assume 'on' is typical throttle lift off (like low in Volt / ELR / Bolt - or Tesla standard throttle lift-off), and 'high' is full one-pedal. Owner's have reported that even off has some light regen, just like normal coast to mimic a gas car.

· Registered
154 Posts
What exactly is flimsy about it? No one is descriptive enough. Is it to light feeling? Is it too easy to move? Do you expect to have some tactile feel to push against you when you move the wheel to select things? Is it too cold to the touch?
It feels loose and moves without sufficient tactile feedback. Very light and plastic, thought it was going to fall off in my hand. Note this was in one of the press cars, but doesn’t sound like production is different.

· Registered
1,053 Posts
It feels loose and moves without sufficient tactile feedback. Very light and plastic, thought it was going to fall off in my hand. Note this was in one of the press cars, but doesn’t sound like production is different.
Yea, that was my impression from the demo car my dealership had as well. It needs to have more weight to it. I was expecting it to feel substantial, but it doesn't.

Reminds me a pizza joint we used to go to in college had this nice heavy glass beer mugs. They also had some cheap plastic ones that looked exactly like the heavy ones. Sometimes, after you had a few in the good mugs, they would slip one of the plastic ones in on you and you'd either hit yourself in the face with it or spill your beer behind you. The dial is like that, looks like the good, heavy one until you put your hand on it and turn.

I'm hoping the aftermarket comes up with one with the Flying Lady in it.

· Registered
2019 Volt, 2014 ELR
344 Posts
Yea, that was my impression from the demo car my dealership had as well. It needs to have more weight to it. I was expecting it to feel substantial, but it doesn't.

Reminds me a pizza joint we used to go to in college had this nice heavy glass beer mugs. They also had some cheap plastic ones that looked exactly like the heavy ones. Sometimes, after you had a few in the good mugs, they would slip one of the plastic ones in on you and you'd either hit yourself in the face with it or spill your beer behind you. The dial is like that, looks like the good, heavy one until you put your hand on it and turn.

I use very light weight and high DPI mice for games on my computer, I like the smoothness and speed. So to me I'd need to experience this but I don't think it would bother me.

· Registered
865 Posts

Would be nice to get a milled aircraft aluminum version with the Flying Lady laser etched.
My underlying concern is the mechanism below it, maybe it's like that on purpose. Won't know more until soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts